FITS (Flooring Inspector/Installation Training Services) Organization

Discussion in 'Industry News, Training & Organizations' started by Mike Antonetti, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

Hello,
    So I tried to get into fits topics, no go

So what I would like to see is an explanation of the program, costs, testing, certifications, maybe all members and the areas they cover, basically a nice little write up, maybe generate some interests in joining, or get the gears going. Thanks

2. Bud Cline

Bud Cline Tile Expert Charter Member Senior Member Published

Now defunct I think.

3. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

We should leave that for Chris Mha to say.

Jim

4. Chris Mha

Chris Mha Charter Member Senior Member

For all intents and purposes I'd say yes it is defunct. While I never had any monetary investment in FITS, I had a ton of time involved. Without a budget to work with from the owner it made it impossible to make the necessary trips to Dalton to physically contact key players involved at the mills.

For the record, I personally have not kept my certifications active. I haven't done an inspection in a few years now. Once my son expressed interest in installing flooring my priorities changed.

5. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

I went to an inspection class in Dalton a long time ago, my area couldn't support it full time, though installations are far from manufactures recommendations.
    We had a guy working for our retailer that did inspections for Lew, he said at one time there were around 250 inspectors.