Fci Board

Discussion in 'Taking a Break From Flooring' started by Al Gladden, May 23, 2006.

1. Al Gladden

Al Gladden stretcherman Charter Member

i am glad i was a member of the fci board and i quit posting because of the hacker, i still read it to make sure my profile has not been altered. i see randy libner,tim cole,brent trammel and chuck coffer all had altered profile's. i hope this board never comes to that.. this board is really turning out great and i am proud to be a member... i hope everybody keeps up the good work...

2. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

Thank you for the compliment al gladden. We are going to try very hard to set a good example on this board and that means to make it as secure as possible. The forum software is current and the server is set up for a more secure environment. Having The Professional Forums private is an added security measure not so much against hacking but because we all need to have professional discussions about issues that should not be open to the general public.

One of the rules we have decided on though is not to allow gossip about other flooring boards. I think many of the members belong to other forums and we do not try to keep anyone from participating elsewhere. If we allowed gossip we would be considered campaigning for or against those other boards and we want to remain neutral. I think any flooring forum has the potential to help educate and entertain those in our industry. We want to be one of the best at that, but I know we are not the only ones.

Thank you again. I won't lock this discussion as long as we do not allow it to become gossip about another forum. And we all appreciate your dedication to the flooring community wherever they congregate.

Last edited: May 23, 2006
  3. Steve Olson

Steve Olson Hardwood/Laminate Guru Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

I was really sorry to see that board unravel, I learned so much from that board, and its member's and look forward to this boards positve, and no nonsense approach.

4. Al Gladden

i agree, i hope this board is here to stay..i am glad all there stuff is up to date..seeing some familiar faces also helps...

5. Danny Ferguson

Danny Ferguson Abbey Carpet & Floor Charter Member

I've found a new home here too AL. How was Blimpies today, and is the Miller Lite ice cold tonite?:p

6. Al Gladden

nothing like a big fat sammitch.... and lot's of miller lite..hey did tony find his stolen tool's?

7. Danny Ferguson

Nope, some meth head is probably using them to rip and chop up meth.:( I went with him to Lowes the other day, and he bought all new ones. I wish I had is dough.:p

8. Al Gladden

they was stolen from your shop? you could have helped him out..hehehehe!

9. Danny Ferguson

We are waiting on the insurance company. I'm sure they will make good on the tools. You no how they like to drag their feet.:zzz:

10. Lo Down

Lo Down Old as dirt member Charter Member Senior Member

al.... this place is here to stay... don't ya worry about that one bit.
    all this talk about sammiches got me thinkin'.............. 9:45 and I ain't had dinner! :eek:
    Last nights leftover BBQ chicken ought to make a couple of real nice sammiches..... I ain't sharing with nobody. :poke:

11. Jerry Thomas

Jerry Thomas Charter Member Senior Member

Danny, have you alerted any pawn shops of what got stolen?

12. Danny Ferguson

Hey Jerry, that was the first thing Tony did on Monday.

13. rusty baker

rusty baker Well-Known Member

The police here check pawn shops once a week and the owners are required to get I.D. from anyone pawning or they will lose their license. They also write down vehicle license numbers. The guy probably traded the tools straight for drugs.

14. Daniel Wachtel

Daniel Wachtel Charter Member

I feel your pain. My truck got cleaned out a couple years back.