Extreme Makeover with Delmarva CFI

Discussion in 'TFP Site News & Announcements' started by Jim McClain, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

delmarva-extreme-makeover-crew.jpg
    The Delmarva Chapter of CFI took part in an episode of Extreme Makeover. It will be televised Sunday, February 14, 2010 - 8PM - 7 Central. It's a 2-hour special you don't want to miss.

This episode honors the Tripp Family. Filmmaker Tyler Perry helps the team rebuild the home of a couple who mentors underprivileged children. The Tripp's help the community by taking children to church every week. This will be the largest makeover project ever.

Veiw the "before" pictures here: Tripp Family Photos before Extreme Makeover Home Edition

Congratulations to Roland Thompson and the crew from Delmarva CFI.

2. Tandy Reeves

Tandy Reeves Resting In Peace Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

I think the last photo in the before makeover clip explains it all. Love, security, and comfort knows no bounds. Thank you Delmarv CFI for your participation. You make us all proud.:yesss::yesss:

3. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Administwative Asst. Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

And.....Do we know this infamous individual?

Hard to tell with a hat on!!:D

Attached Files:

4. Jim McClain

Who cares about him? I wanna know who this is. :yesss:

Attached Files:

5. Roland Thompson

Roland Thompson Charter Member Senior Member

Thank everyone. All the workers that came and help me get the floors down said they would do it again. You will also see in the show the Fishing School, You see they did two places in the same week.

Roland

Attached Files:

6. Jim McClain

Could you please put names to the picture, Roland. Most of us only know one of them because he's the only one with a name on his hat. ;)

Jim

7. Al Gladden

Al Gladden stretcherman Charter Member

the blonde is paige hemmis.

8. Chris Mha

Chris Mha Charter Member Senior Member

The guy to Roland's left looks like he could be his brother.

Did you guys get into a water balloon fight or did you guys get heated up just standing next to Paige. Looks like all of you were sweating it up.

9. Roland Thompson

Sorry for not getting back, Put in a long day and just got in at 3:30 am ( that is a long story )
    I have my name on my hat because every time they need yo get an answer they would come looking for me and with everyone having blue shirts and white hat it is hard to tell use apart. The company that was doing the build had gold shirts and the people from Extreme had shirts that said it on it.

The guy right next to me is Johnnie Imes the one with his head turned is Cody , the one in the far back is Scott and then the one on the other side of Paige is Jeff.

Roland

10. Roland Thompson

Well, man did they cut out and change a lot. I do have a tape of us doing the Fishing school that one of the workers took. Now that id aired I can post more about it.

Roland

11. Jim McClain

I'm sure they don't think the flooring is a very important part of the whole project. Too bad. It hasn't aired here yet - it's only 8:30 now, so I'm still looking forward to watching.

Jim

12. Jim McClain

Wow, less than 30 seconds devoted to the flooring - and they called it bamboo when it looked more like Hickory or maybe Walnut. I don't even remember what the flooring was in the Fishing School. Did you guys do that too?

I hope you can give us more info and maybe even post the video on YouTube so we can all see your part of the makeover.

Kudos to the Delmarva Chaper of CFI for your generous donation of time and skill to help a family that has helped so many others.

Jim

13. Roland Thompson

Jim now that it has aired I can show and say more. My part of the job was to see that the Fishing School got done, it was the bigger of the two and had over 4,000 sf of bamboo and 75 steps and 10 landings of carpet with 12 hours to have it all done. Then I had to stay around to take care of any flooring that might of got damaged ( and it did ) The men and myself would do it again but for the people. I was also disapointed on how they made it like a fun time playig around and not all the hard work the people did.
    I will make sure I can put on the home made tape we made of the work.

Roland