Equipment Maintenance Logs

Discussion in 'Floorcovering Installation & Maintenance Tips' started by Mike Antonetti, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

Anyone track what they're maintaining, logging work done on equipment for intervals, awareness?

I keep logs on my scraper, vacuums, buying an hour meter for my first vacuum to save money on filter replacement to actually see use time versus length of time.

Just greased trailer bearings, hadn't done in at least 6 months but I don't know for sure as I haven't tracked it.

I'd put this under Business column as it pertains more to the Dollar, but more eyes will see it here.

2. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

The repairs are so few on my F350 that I have to go back through my file to see if it had been done and where.

3. Chris 45

Chris 45 Director of P.R. on some deserted island. I Support TFP

I know for some of the bigger companies I've worked for, they kept good logs since they were part of a safety program. When you have some high dollar items, you tend to take care of things better than most. I try to take care of my tools. Little things like blowing off my saws and lubricating things make a big difference in the end. I really want a Sawstop but my Dewalt just won't die. As far as my van goes, I'm kinda pissed because last year I dropped $1200 into the front end and not even a year later my tires are going bald on the inside. Yeah, it's a Ford with 400K but $1200 is $1200. So somewhere i'm keeping track of what, where and when. Either way, a new set of tires every year is still cheaper than a Sprinter payment.

4. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

I dumped that amount in the 80's on my front end for my 74 roadrunner, big dollars for a high schooler at a fast food joint. Never forget that ordeal, as I passed the mechanic shop out of business the other day. That is where I learned to keep the front end greased. For alignment I buy lifetime as soon as I get the vehicle. My van I had over 10 years and they didn't seem to suggest alignment too much. Probably 6 alignments total on that one. Lifetime balance as well, I took the tires off van and put them on the truck I bought and they still balance and rotated them. Over all the years that I've spent money there they seem to be too busy for me, but I got my Michelin tires somewhere else and their mechanical skills have dwindled. Yeah I don't need another vehicle payment right now.