Epoxy Flooring Installation Video

Discussion in 'Floorcovering Video Collection' started by suzanna, Jun 25, 2014.

1. suzanna

suzanna Member

Here is a video I found about how to install epoxy floors:
    [ame]http://youtu.be/KVK3HFcm-_E[/ame]

Also here is an interesting presentation about what to avoid:
    Why epoxy flooring fails sometimes

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2014
  2. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

It doesn't have any comparison to a polyaspartic flooring. From what I have heard about other companies is that sometimes they are doing a poly top coat to get the chemical resistance. My product that I do is all poly from top to bottom. In my mind, that is better for adherability. Polyaspartics have a fast set time so it isn't a DIY friendly product.

3. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

Who is this Suzanna? I appreciate the input of info. Pro? Or DIY?

4. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

She clicked that she was a pro when she joined, but never followed the instructions in her welcome message. So... I don't know. :hu:

5. suzanna

suzanna Member

Do you have video instructions for this forum?:D

I like to think I'm a pro diy'er. Yourself?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2014
  6. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

Knowledgable Laborer

7. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

No, not yet. But the instructions sent to you are pretty easy to follow.

So, you AREN'T a pro. We don't define different levels of competence in either the pro or consumer/DIYer categories. I changed yours to "I'm a consumer or DIYer." Me? I have spent the last 43 years involved in the flooring industry as a flooring professional.

Jim

8. epoxyman

epoxyman Pro Member

Yep we do Polyaspartics here at times to when the GC or owners want to pay for it. If not its a 1/8 or 1/4 floor with a top coat of Polyaspartics.

And yes its not a DIY using Polyaspartics.

The floor in the video is resin rich you can see across the floor as he trowels it in we do the same but toss back into it cause if not you can have slick spots in the floor. Also some cove edge on top of the base gives a better look and finish. And the most important thing with epoxy is floor prep and checking for moisture.

Ron.

9. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Now the video is different. I've never seen the troweled on application, looks too much like floor prep. I always broadcast chips, on the wall or floor. Also use cove stick for the round at the floor works good. Looks like there are some glassy streaks on the video and you can still see a troweled edge or two. Maybe not a final pic at the end. Interesting.

10. Bud Cline

Bud Cline Tile Expert Charter Member Senior Member Published

I just went through the video and information offered in the first post. I'm thinking suzanna has a vested interest in that company. The information is poorly written and could have used a good editor before going to press. It seems all of the information tries to bad-mouth every other floor covering and makes ridiculous negative claims about the products of others.

I ain't buyin' it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2014