Epoxy Floor in Dog Kennel

Discussion in 'Spotlight on Flooring Professionalism' started by epoxyman, Oct 4, 2017.

1. epoxyman

epoxyman Pro Member

Back a few months ago did a new dog kennel right around 2,300sf and about 850lf of 6" epoxy base. Prep work was to grind all the edges then shot blast to a CSP of a 3-4 then do a RH test. Then we prime the floor start the base and then trowel in the floor. The epoxy used was Dur-a-flex Epoxies. It was a Quartz floor with a poly top coat. Took about 12 days in total

The drains in the floor are for washing out the dog runs to keep them clean. The little rooms are dog runs was about 45 in all total.

IMG_3608.JPG IMG_3609.JPG IMG_3640.JPG IMG_3641.JPG IMG_3643.JPG IMG_3644.JPG IMG_3646.JPG IMG_3647.JPG IMG_3648.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Incognito

Incognito No more Mr. Nice Guy! I Support TFP Senior Member

That's a luxurious dog house. I worked on one that had a peeling epoxy coating that had to be diamond grinded off. They just wanted to go to bare, sealed concrete.

3. epoxyman

epoxyman Pro Member

Yea it's all in the prep work if you don't open up the floor to the epoxy it will come up maybe not right away but it will pop up

I shot blast and grind all my floors last thing I need or want is it to come lose

• Like Like x 1
  4. Commercial Floor Rep

Commercial Floor Rep I Support TFP Published

Beautiful work!!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

12 days of work and take the rest of the month off. :yesss:

6. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

I'd be interested in the waste system. What the EPA says to do, how the traps work, if they have a wastewater treatment system. The linear drains appear to need flushing assist.

7. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

I bet they just get in there with a hose and clean it out to the gutter and out the door to some containment tank.

8. epoxyman

epoxyman Pro Member

I believe it's hooked up to the city sewer they pick up the solids and hose down the rest of the stuff.
    Kinda no different then our toilets
    Same stuff going down the drain.

They do have a few places with drain covers like big screens that need cleaning to keep some stuff from clogging up the drains

• Like Like x 1
  9. Incognito

Incognito No more Mr. Nice Guy! I Support TFP Senior Member

Yes, there's a screen/filter to minimize the hair and solid waste that's passed down into the drain pipe. But past that point it is handled no differently than your home sewage waste product.

• Informative Informative x 1