Ecore rubber flooring

Discussion in 'Commercial Flooring Sales & Installation' started by steven45j, Aug 27, 2017.

1. steven45j

steven45j Pro Member

Anybody priced out heat welding for rubber floor with vinyl surface...ecore forest rx...labor price per foot to weld...not the welding material

2. Steve Olson

Steve Olson Hardwood/Laminate Guru Charter Member Senior Member

I don't find welding rubber to any more taxing then other floors, but I have zero experience with the product you mention. For me, the tricky part of welding vinyl came with the newer products, the right welding tip fixed that.

3. steven45j

steven45j Pro Member

Steve what do you charge when heat welding...thanx

4. Steve Olson

3 bucks a foot.

5. steven45j

steven45j Pro Member

Thanx Steve...im in northern Ohio..south of Sandusky....i think guys are getting 5 bucks and up

6. Steve Olson

Thats good for you! I run into guys all the time that claim to be making WAY more then I do, but, its easy to claim, but seldom proved. I would much rather heat weld and get paid 3 bucks a ft, then do residential vinyl, make nothing for the seams, and have to pay for the product and the time, to seal them. Its all perspective.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Administwative Asst. Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

For a small job, it is easy to get $5 per ft..........30 ft on a job just add $150.
    On the bigger jobs with hundreds or thousands of ft is when the price comes way down.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Commercial Floor Rep

Commercial Floor Rep I Support TFP Published

I don't think you'll notice a difference actually welding that product because you're still only welding the vinyl itself, but that product has a 5mm crumb rubber back to it and that means it's about 5/16" overall thickness so it's going to be a bit heavy and potentially harder to cut and align. Similar to but not quite as heavy as a 3/8" crumb rubber sheet floor.

9. Incognito

Incognito No more Mr. Nice Guy! I Support TFP Senior Member

On the jobs I do if I could get $5 a foot to weld that's all I'd ever do and I'd retire filthy rich in a couple of years.

10. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

The job I did we didn't heat weld. Looks better that way.