Early Winter??

Discussion in 'Taking a Break From Flooring' started by Darol Wester, Sep 16, 2006.

1. Darol Wester

Darol Wester Charter Member Senior Member

Kind of early for this stuff. We had snow in the mountains behind the house last night and it was 38 at the house this morning. :eek: Yeow!! The middle of September??

Time for a little extra fire wood looks like.

2. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

A little South-East of you, in the Sierra-Nevadas, we haven't had any snow yet, but it's been pretty cold the last few mornings. This morning I decided to clean out the heater and fire it up. I like a warm house. :)

What gets that white residue off the hot side of the glass of a propane heater? I used Windex on it, but that didn't get it all off.

Jim

3. Nick Arrera

Nick Arrera Resting In Peace

windex takes it off the glass door on my wood stove .. you can try vinigar , or simple green ..

4. Floorguy

Floorguy The Living Dead Charter Member Senior Member

Bake off oven cleaner.

5. Nick Arrera

forgot all about easy off floorguy .. it does work , and i think they have a no sent one out now ..

6. Steve Olson

Steve Olson Hardwood/Laminate Guru Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Back to the weather aspect fo the thread:)
    We got a little snow up at out local ski resort last week...

7. rusty baker

rusty baker Well-Known Member

It was 94 here Saturday. Supposed to be 44 tomorrow.

8. Floorguy

Floorguy The Living Dead Charter Member Senior Member

They say we are going to have a wetter then normal winter, which means it is not going to get below freezing very often this winter. We need the rain.

9. Darol Wester

Darol Wester Charter Member Senior Member

Well, I'll tell you, if it gets any wetter than it did last year, around here anyway, we might float out to the coast. We had 26 inches in Dec alone.

Sounds like an El Nino might be brewing. We haven't had one for a while. Me likes El Nino's. It brings Albacore tuna in within fishing range on the Northwest coast area. :D

10. Tandy Reeves

Tandy Reeves Resting In Peace Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Man send some of that rain here. It is so dry the frogs have quit hopping and started walking.

11. Nick Arrera

let us know when they start hitch hiking Tandy ..

12. Lo Down

Lo Down Old as dirt member Charter Member Senior Member

Be the first in your neighborhood to build a dock and boat ramp. :D