DUO-FAST 250BN Blind Nailer for Hardwood

Discussion in 'Floorcovering Video Collection' started by Jim McClain, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

The 250BN fires a 16 gauge finish nail (1 1/4" and 2" lengths) and is designed for blind nailing / face nailing applications with hardwood flooring, as well as doing finish work on wood trim. This nailer comes packaged in a durable molded plastic case for protection and storage, and comes with two nose guides.

A 45 degree nose guide is used to guide the tool along the top edge of the tongue of a hardwood flooring board or plank. This guide eliminates the need to lift the tool off the tongue and reposition it, as you can now drag the tool in the corner of the tongue and fire the nail in the right spot every time. This helps prevent tongue splitting and increases your installation speed.

Another guide is provided for doing trim work. This tool is ideal for hardwood installers who want to install the first 2-3 rows of flooring against the wall where their larger nailer / stapler won't fit. The nose will also allow face nailing when the tongue cannot be easily reached.

[ame=http://youtu.be/RTfwSPY5Pk8]‪DUO-FAST 250BN Blind Nailer‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Duo-Fast FloorMaster 250BN Article

2. ortiz34

ortiz34 2nd generation Senior Member

Pretty cool
    any members try one?

3. Chris Mha

Chris Mha Charter Member Senior Member

It is a nice nailer but I can do the same thing with my Impulse cordless trim gun. I prefer a 15 gauge nail for 3/4" flooring though. This gun and the Impulse is only 16 gauge

4. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

5. Steve Forbo

Steve Forbo Pro Member

I have a BN250 for sale here...Just listed it.
    I used the passload nails and they held like iron.
    Look in the classifieds if you are interested. Great nail gun

6. We have been using this nailer for 2-3 years now and it has worked great. I have always been a fan of duo fast equipment. I still have a 30 year old duo fast underlayment stapler that is working like new.