Drones

Discussion in 'Taking a Break From Flooring' started by Barry Carlton, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Barry Carlton

Barry Carlton I Support TFP Senior Member Published

Do we have any droners here. Not the kind like Mike or CFR who can "drone" on and on ;) but, does anyone fly drones.

I started about a year ago with one of the little grey ones for about 50 bucks. Fun and decent real time videos but verrrry short battery life. I moved up to an F100 Ghost by Force one. Much more fun to fly but no real time video. much better range and battery time. Now I have a Mavic 2 Pro by DJI and some extra accessories. About 1/2 hour fly time and so intuitive. This is really fun and amazingly easy. Nearly 3 miles controllable distance and the height is literally out of sight. Full body sensors for crash control. An amazing little machine.

If DJI ever brings back the Phantom series I'm planning on getting the 4 Pro 2.0 with screen.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Not me, I am too close to the airport as they have a 5 mile radius.

3. Commercial Floor Rep

Commercial Floor Rep I Support TFP Published

They're pretty cool, but I treat them like drugs. I leave them alone because I'm afraid I'd become addicted.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Mike Sliwinski

Mike Sliwinski The Doctor Is In I Support TFP Senior Member

Nice Barry, sounds like a fun hobby, maybe some day.

Got Any still pics of you taken by the drone camera ?