Dreamweaver Colossal II - Tiger's Eye

Discussion in 'Carpet Q&A' started by twodogs02, Oct 3, 2017.

1. twodogs02

twodogs02 New Member

We have 1800 square feet of carpet we are replacing in our log home. We are considering putting carpet in three bedrooms, 1 high traffic hallway and two living/family rooms. The high traffic hallway leads to two bedrooms and one living room on the North side of the house. On the South side is another large family room 26 wide, 28 deep that leads into the master bedroom on the far South side so that southern family room will have a lot of traffic in one area as we move to and from the master bedroom to the kitchen.

My concern with her choice is wear. We probably won't be staying in the house for more than 2-3 years but I don't want the high traffic areas to look like trampled down deer runs when we go to sell. This job is close to $9,000 so I want to be sure we are making the best decision. Obviously my wife likes the softness of the high pile, poly carpet but I'm horrified by this choice and the reading I have done.

The owner of the carpet company we have been talking to says he has sold this exact carpet to 14 homeowners and none of them have complained about matting. He claims the Dreamweaver line is a good carpet but I'm concerned about it being just another re-branded poly. Am I just paranoid or should I ask my wife to consider a nylon carpet and me sleeping in the garage?

2. Daris Mulkin

Daris Mulkin The One and Only Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Garages make good Br's. Just saying. Poly is not a good choice in my opinion I don't care who makes it. It is a 5 year carpet. Maybe more in low traffic areas.

:old:

Daris

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. kylenelson

kylenelson You'll find me on the floor I Support TFP Senior Member

It is fine bedroom carpet, just not great for halls and stairs

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

The poly carpets I have seen look flat and old in 6 months. Not worn out but just look well traveled. Nylon holds up much better.

5. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

You guys are not helping the green movement of recycling!

I say go with the wife wants, let the new owners do what they want. Flooring never stopped our home purchases.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. SteveG

SteveG Pro Member

Dreamweaver makes a really nice product, but yeah poly is going to wear faster than nylon.... 2-3 years? You're probably fine.

• Like Like x 1