Down for the count

Discussion in 'Health & Safety Forum' started by Mike Antonetti, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti Senior Member

Daycare and a 26 lb. baby can take down many adults at once. They called and said there was an illness going around, yeah,yeah, whatever. Thought it was the sea scallops, chicken, but no, 7 rounds of throwing up for 12 hours, fever, etc. day two. Feeling better.

They say it’s good for babies to build up their immune system, I say what about mine? Didn’t work for me. Or is it just a business ploy by the daycare for financial gain. Baby’s now out of daycare, got sick way too many times being out for weeks and the bill is still due each week regardless. So the cost plus putting us all out of work multiplies.

2. Tom Potter

Tom Potter I Support TFP

I feel you man. My kid brought home a mystery plague that put me through the rings. Glad that's over with.

Hope you get feeling better. Florida is nice this time of year (except for hurricanes). Got to get back out there while it's comfortable working weather

3. Mike Antonetti

You got it brother! It’s the second time it’s happened and the phone is ringing.

4. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

Get well soon. I have been SO lucky the last couple years. Haven't had a cold or flu - had a few other health problems, but a cold/flu is just about the most serious illness someone with lung disease can get. 'Course, now I prob'ly just jinxed it. ;)

5. Mike Antonetti

Yeah, when I wonder why I haven’t had back issues in a few weeks it hits me. I do side twists sitting down which cracks a bit and wear my brace. Can’t see the dam bacteria.

6. Mike Sliwinski

Mike Sliwinski The Doctor Is In I Support TFP Senior Member

That's Nasty Mike, glad you're feeling better.

7. Mike Antonetti

I think I'm better so far, wife keeps asking how I'm feeling, she got it maybe 12 hours after me so I've been joking to her saying I'm not your canary, or big bird. I know her tactics, she's gauging how she'll feel later on. Though she did get ginger ale (thanks Canada) etc. just prior to shutdown.