Doctor Of Philosophy ------PhD

Discussion in 'Taking a Break From Flooring' started by Incognito, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Incognito

Incognito No more Mr. Nice Guy! I Support TFP Senior Member

What I did last week. My son. Biophysics UCSF. IMG_5059.JPG IMG_5061.JPG IMG_5067.JPG

Streets of San Francisco-------one block from my hotel. Guy laid there for about 4-5 hours. GOD BLESS AMERICA.

IMG_5083.JPG

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Incognito

Saw this wonderful brass sunburst inlaid into a mosaic tile in the entry to a coffee shop-----one block from the hotel in the opposite direction from the bum sleeping on the sidewalk.

IMG_5080.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  3. Pioneer Carpets

Pioneer Carpets Pro Member

First time in a while to San Francisco? Bodies in the street used to be a novelty, now they're more common than starbucks. You should've tried renting a bike or scooter with your son. Cruise on down to Eddie Street in the Tenderloin district. You can slalom through bodies sleeping in the street any time of day. But it's the people on their feet that really make an impression. It'll give your son a whole new appreciation for that education. Although I bet a percentage of those people have PHDs sooo...don't do drugs kids.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  4. Incognito

My 3rd trip in 4 years...........6th time ever. I doubt I'd ever go back. It's disgusting to me.

5. kylenelson

kylenelson You'll find me on the floor I Support TFP Senior Member

What an accomplishment!

6. Steve Olson

Steve Olson Hardwood/Laminate Guru Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Congratulations to you and yours!

7. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

Chemical Engineering field? Awesome accomplishment. Congrats.

8. Chris 45

Chris 45 Director of P.R. on some deserted island. I Support TFP

Congrats to you and your son. Quite the accomplishment.

9. Darren Ramey

Darren Ramey Charter Member

Wow congratulations. That sounds... expensive.

10. Commercial Floor Rep

Commercial Floor Rep I Support TFP Published

Congratulations to you and your son. To go to school for that long takes a lot of support financially and emotionally. Thanks for sharing!

11. Incognito

This young man worked his ass off since around...........well, now that I think about it he's been working hard as a student his whole life. It's not just the 4 years undergrad and 4/5 years for Master's and PhD programs. There's really a good dozen years of hard work getting ready to get to that level for normal persons. My buddy today told me he's got a SUPERGENIUS amongst his close friends. The young gal got her PhD and was running 40 scientists at NASA/JPL in Pasadena at the age of 22. Another gal whose friends with her is a surgeon at age 21. They're in universities at 12-13 years old. Yes, they're Asian.

My dad used to tell me no matter how smart you think you are there's always someone out there smarter. And in some cases they are way, way smarter.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Tom Potter

Tom Potter I Support TFP

That's great man! I bet the amount of pride you have is immeasurable.
    Nothing wrong with how I/we make a living but I sure want my son to do something better with his life.