Do You Yoga?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion Forum' started by Jim McClain, Aug 14, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

do-you-yoga1.jpg I received my copy of Wood Floor Magazine today. While reading it in my personal "library," I came upon this interesting article, "Keep your wood flooring body working well". You don't have to be a hardwood installer to benefit from this. Installing all types of floor coverings takes a toll on your body. This article goes into much detail and offers some practical exercises that can help avoid the pains and stresses associated with flooring installations. In fact, it could even rejuvenate the mind and body of any flooring professional, regardless of what part of the industry you work in.

Ellen McDermott is a certified yoga instructor and has had the joy of working an edger with her brother's flooring business.
    Read the rest of Ellen's article...

There's also a video that demonstrates all the exercises:

I look forward to my copy of Wood Floor Business every other month. You can get a free subscription, if you are involved in the hardwood flooring business: Subscribe - Wood Floor Business Magazine

I'd be interested in hearing about your exercise routines, whether that is yoga or some other discipline. If I had found yoga during my 35 years on the floor, I may have had far fewer aches and pains and a lot less stress. What about you?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Steve Olson

Steve Olson Hardwood/Laminate Guru Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

At 61, and still working like I'm 40, something like this wouldn't hurt.

• Like Like x 1
  3. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

The older I get I find I do need to stretch things out to get going.

• Like Like x 1