Dickies work pants

Discussion in 'Flooring Potpourri' started by Mike Sliwinski, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Mike Sliwinski

Mike Sliwinski The Doctor Is In I Support TFP Senior Member

Dickies pants. They come out of the dryer more wrinkled than going in :mad:
    .........100% cotton, and time for some ironing.

What's your brand of wrinkle free work pants ?

Mike

2. kylenelson

kylenelson You'll find me on the floor Senior Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

• Like Like x 1
  4. Daris Mulkin

Daris Mulkin The One and Only Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

I used to do Levi's, but have switched to Wranglers for the last 10 years. They aren't quite as tight and give you more room to grow, uh, move around.

:old:

Daris

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

I agree 100% with you Daris, I use to wear Skillers, the ones for the knee pad inserts. They kind of looked out of place outside of work, kind of like European motorcycle riders. They gathered tons of adhesive on them over the years, the khaki color showed the worst. Over time and determination the adhesive level on the clothes went down. People use to say how after work I was always clean, like they couldn’t tell I worked. Been wearing Levi’s for about 10 years, I think the 550’s but accidentally buy 505’s usually on eBay. The fit is variable depending on where they’re made. Not sure if this fit caused some recent medical issues but should’ve switched to Wranglers but didn’t want the redneck look.

I’ll be damned if I had to Iron work clothes. They go in dryer. I have a steam dryer but the water line to dryer is 15 ft away, it would be installed if I needed it but so far we throw back in for 10 minutes to remove wrinkles.

Some shirts I get at like TJ Max or similar closeouts come out perfect. I believe they are the Golf type that wick away moisture. The feel is excellent, lightweight, slips against skin. So I buy a variety of them, see how they work out, then see who makes them and get more. I’m at that stage of seeing the comfy ones for re purchasing.

The socks are another issue. Use to get Dickies quarter steel toe work socks, my Kmart went out of business. They were very durable, not thick, found 6pack on eBay but I don’t think they make em anymore. Trying new styles can be pricey, the joggers have moved the industry to better materials and I’ll spend up to about 15$ a pair if they’re extremely - comfortable, wick away,long lasting. Foot issues while working is not an option. Trying to get shoe inserts I saw a custom step on send back then they make it company, haven’t pulled trigger yet. So comfort on job is critical to focus on the work to be done.

• Like Like x 1
  6. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

I get dickies relaxed fit. Sometimes the carpenter jeans. Mine don't come out of the drier that way, must be something wrong with your drier.

7. Daris Mulkin

Daris Mulkin The One and Only Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Maybe your dickie isn't big enough to wrinkle. You know the devil made me type that. Just couldn't pass that one up.

:old:

Daris

• Funny Funny x 3