Damaged carpet..is this repairable?!?

Discussion in 'Carpet Q&A' started by Floornewb, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Floornewb

Floornewb New Member

Hi FloorPro community,

I really glad I found this community while searching the internet, and I was wondering if anybody can give me some advice. Long story short, our little furry friend ruined the carpet in our first level bedroom of our townhouse :mad:. I believe our carpet is a berber/loop type of carpet, and the damage (about a foot long) is limited to the edge or the carpet. There seems to be some wood underneath the carpet. I've attached a picture of the carpet so you get a better sense of the damage. What I'd like to know is, is the carpet able to be repaired or would we need to replace the whole carpet? If it is able to be repaired, how noticeable would the repairs be (i.e., mismatched color/pattern of carpet), and ballpark, how much would it cost? Please let me know if you need any more details or pictures. Thanks for taking the time to read my post, and I really appreciate any advice given!!

Attached Files:

2. JPfloor

JPfloor Pro Member

It could be patched if you have an extra piece laying around. Perhaps steal a piece from a closet... It will be somewhat noticeable due to shading differences and different oxidation rates. How noticeable is anybody's guess.

If you were whithin 10 miles from my house I'd charge around $100.00 to fix it. If you have to pay retail store prices figure twice that.

3. Incognito

Incognito No more Mr. Nice Guy! I Support TFP Senior Member

Agree with JP----

It's not a hard patch to make IF you can scab a piece from a closet or just so happen to have a scrap in the attic/garage.

4. Floornewb

Floornewb New Member

Thanks for the responses, guys! Looks like I'll just hire somebody to repair it. If we take a scab from the closet, would we just try to buy another piece of similar carpet and replace the missing piece in the closet? Also, do you know of any reputable carpet repair vendors in Houston, TX? I tried searching the forum for one, but couldn't find anything...thanks again for all your help!

5. Daris Mulkin

Daris Mulkin The One and Only Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Go to cfiinstallers.com and put in your zipcode and it will bring up all certified installers within a 50 mile radius. Pick the one you want and give him/her a call.

http://cfiinstallers.com/

:old:

Daris

6. cleanman1

cleanman1 One Ban'd Dude!

The patch seems to be hard and I think you should remove that part and attach a new piece to it.