cut, bevel, seam, carve, bind

Discussion in 'Carpet Q&A' started by Daniel Wachtel, May 13, 2006.

1. Daniel Wachtel

Daniel Wachtel Charter Member

Here's a little Saturday morning project. I rarely work saturday, so they keep my Saturday work a little more interesting. It took a few hours to make.

Attached Files:

2. Peter Kodner

Peter Kodner Inspector Floors Charter Member Senior Member

Daniel, Borders all run same direction? Did you make it up on and apply a monk cloth back? Pretty little rug :)

3. Lo Down

Lo Down Old as dirt member Charter Member Senior Member

I've always wondered how the carpet reacts over time with the carpet backings going different directions in an area rug like that......... Never seen any problems, just a wondering.
    Looks real nice, but can't see the bevel. How do you keep the bevel straight? I have never seen beveling performed.......... except in poorly constructed seams in a plush carpet, where it wasn't intended. :D
    I assume beveling is done before the individual pieces are joined?

4. Daniel Wachtel

Daniel Wachtel Charter Member

I beveled with an N-C beveler. IT is similar to the blades and fence of a wood joiner. I ran the pieces thru the beveler before assembly and just cleaned up the beveled edges with a N-C carver. r

5. tony lamar

tony lamar Charter Member

Welcome Peter.
    Has anyone ever told you, you look just like Bob Dylan when he was young? hehe:D

Cool rug Dan'l.

6. Lo Down

Lo Down Old as dirt member Charter Member Senior Member

........... wonder if he can sing? ...... no, I meant Peter. :D
    Welcome Peter.

7. tony lamar

tony lamar Charter Member

I would imagine that the answer is blowin in the wind, however, after workin on Maggie's farm, I'm so tangled up in blue, that I doubt I'll get off desolation row long enough to paint my masterpiece.