Custom rug I made

Discussion in 'Spotlight on Flooring Professionalism' started by Daris Mulkin, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Daris Mulkin

Daris Mulkin The One and Only Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Anyone into horses? I got over 60 hours into making it and carving it and that isn't counting the patterning. Each piece,over 60, was cut by hand with a hot knife which really is not my favorite way, but to many small pieces to cut with my tome. It is all backed and bound. It is stiff as a board with all the hot melt on the back. Probably more for hanging than walking on.
    upload_2021-1-14_15-53-32.png

• Like Like x 8
  2. Chris 45

Chris 45 Director of P.R. on some deserted island. I Support TFP

That’s awesome! I haven’t done anything area rug related in a few years. Seems like people just order something from Amazon anymore.

3. Mike Sliwinski

Mike Sliwinski The Doctor Is In I Support TFP Senior Member

Very NICE Daris :bow: My daughter's into horses, I got dibs !.....are you selling it ?....what's the size ?

4. Daris Mulkin

Daris Mulkin The One and Only Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Quite frankly I got the picture for the pattern off FB from horse club that has metal art with it, so thinking it is a copyrighted picture I can't sell it without their permission. I am thinking of donating it to a veterans group to sell.

:old:

Daris

• Like Like x 2
  5. Mark Brown

Mark Brown On The Surface Flooring I Support TFP

Just wow man.
    I might make the grade as a decent enough installer but you sir are an artist

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Incognito

Incognito No more Mr. Nice Guy! I Support TFP Senior Member

Damn, that's really nice.