Curt Durand

Discussion in 'In Memoriam' started by Jim McClain, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

I got some very sad news via email this morning. Charter Member, TFP Supporter, Flooring Inspector and friend to many here, Curt Durand has died in a tragic accident (details here).

curt-durand.jpg Curtis Richard Durand, age 64, died suddenly in a tragic car accident on January 12, 2016. Predeceased by parents Richard and Eldora Durand and sister Jeanne. Survived by his wife and soulmate of 43 years, Pamela; son Damon (Kelly); daughter Michelle (Davin); and grandchildren Eleanor and Arthur. He will also be missed by extended family from the Durands, Remingtons, and Simonsons.

A life-loving and gregarious family man, Curt brightened everyone's day with a cheery smile, warm laugh, and a fun story. He loved the lake, puzzles, building model airplanes, was an avid sci-fi fan, and an animal lover who adopted and cared for several retired racing greyhounds. His favorite pastime, however, was playing with his two grandchildren.

Curt worked in the floor covering industry for most of of his career including the last 15 years as owner of Eye Spy Floor Services as an independent floor covering inspector covering the five state area. Curt and Pam loved to travel and took yearly cruises to the Caribbean. Two years ago they bought their dream home on Lake Minnetonka where they especially enjoyed evening cruises and sunsets.

Curt was proud to be an Eagle Scout, and a past volunteer with the Minneapolis Aquatennial serving as Vice Commodore. When his children were young he coached T-ball, was a Boy Scout leader, served on various committees for school activities, and was an election judge.

An open house to celebrate his life will be held at the Cremation Society of Minnesota, 7110 France Ave. So. in Edina, on Saturday, January 30th between 1-4 pm. Please join us and share your favorite memories of our beloved Husband, Dad, and Friend. Memorials in lieu of flowers are preferred in support of the Animal Humane Society, 845 Meadow Ln. No., Golden Valley, MN. 55422, where Curt & Pam first met.​

Rest in Peace, Curt. You will be missed.

2. Chris Mha

Chris Mha Charter Member Senior Member

Wow sad news. I met Curt at building Bridges in Tulsa. Rest in peace Curt

3. Daris Mulkin

Daris Mulkin The One and Only Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

I also met Curt at the Building Bridges thing that Tandy got started. Curt was one of these guys that had all his ducks in a row. You asked him a question and boom there it was. Excellent inspector also. So so sorry to hear this.

:old:

Daris

4. mcbrides

mcbrides Canadian Installers Senior Member

OMG. Our condolences to the family and friends.
    Deb & Dave

5. hollywood

hollywood Pro Member

Curt was very kind and respected, my prayers to his family. RIP Curt.
    Deron

6. Roland Thompson

Roland Thompson Charter Member Senior Member

I also meet Curt in Tulsa. Great person. So sorry to hear this. Prayers for his family.

7. UncleCliffie

UncleCliffie Charter Member

What a great guy! Met him at Bridges, and he bought some of my inspection equipment after I retired. Was a joy to do business with. Prayers to the family.
    Dick

8. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

Very sad, in an instant. Hard to fathom. One of my fears.

9. Jon Scanlan

Jon Scanlan That Kiwi Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

I would also offer my condolences to the family and friends.

10. Mike Sliwinski

Mike Sliwinski The Doctor Is In I Support TFP Senior Member

Very sad news, rest in peace Curt, our TFP friend.

Mike

11. Dan Schultz

Dan Schultz Certified Wood Floor Inspector Charter Member

Such sad news. Like many of you, I also met Curt in Tulsa at Building Bridges. The good ones always leave us too soon. Rest in Peace, Curt.

12. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Very sad. Our prayers for the family and friends for peace and comfort.

13. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Administwative Asst. Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Great inspector, met him at Bridges.

14. JPfloor

JPfloor Pro Member

So sad. My condolences to his family.

15. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator