Crazy Ebay Item

Discussion in 'Flooring Products, Tools & Supplies on EBAY' started by Incognito, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Incognito

Incognito No more Mr. Nice Guy! I Support TFP Senior Member

I saw this Ebay item a few weeks back listed at $150. Pick-up only somewheres in PA so I couldn't bid on it I just watched it out of casual interest. It was removed eventually and I'm unsure if it was sold because it was removed due to an error in the listing. I'm amazed at the retail price of these tools vs. what they might have fetched. Someone probably wised up or it otherwise got scooped up------STOLEN, so to speak for a few pennies on the dollar A123.png A789.png A456.png B123.png xyz000.png

2. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

Yeah, was probably 1500$. May be re listed soon. Plenty of members in Pennsylvania could’ve picked up for you and shipped.

I got a buddy that lived in N.C. That picked up a PPV blower for me an hour-1/2 away, then UPS’d it to me(150$ for him, 350? to pack and ship)

3. Incognito

Because the item was deleted due to "an error in the listing" I'm pretty sure this was never going to be picked up for $150. Even at $1500 it's a huge discount to anything you could find retail, pawn shops, swap meets, yard sales, Craigslist, estate sales or otherwise new or used.

I would be interested in the Forbo Trimmer and strip cutters as user tools. The rest I would use as back ups and/or try to sell off for enough profit to pay for the Forbo Trimmer, strip cutters and whatever else I needed or wanted to keep. Generally that's what I do with the bundles. I don't cash out on the deals but I've been able to accumulate tons of valuable and interesting stuff with only my time as an expense.

4. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

Similar to a car wholesaler we’ve gone through, he may have to buy 10 vehicles bundled to get a few he wants. Vehicles are on his lot two days and they’re gone.

5. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

The way some of those tools look I wouldn't pay much.

6. dontoronto

dontoronto Earn as Apprentice;WORK like a Mechanic+Apprentice

AnyONE know?

what BRAND the Heat Welding Gun was?

• Like Like x 1
  7. dontoronto

Forbo Trimmer and Strip cutters?

Forbo Trimmer: "the Blue green thing" beside the power groover?

NOT like this?

[​IMG]

Strip Cutter: SE corner beside the divider, scriber? like a model airplanes?

NOT like this?

[​IMG]

8. Incognito

The Forbo Trimmer sets on the table next to the Glass Cutter. I don't have one as I never attended their training and I believe that's the only way to obtain one new. It's used primarily as a selvedge edge cutter for linoleum.
    FORBO - TRIMMER

[​IMG]

Neither do I have a strip cutter which I think is the one on the right lower part of the table.

9. Incognito

I do not know who makes that welder. I've never even seen anyone using anything but Leister--------the green ones--------- Ch 6060

Oh, one guy I saw was using the Hot Jet S once, also a Leister product......and the shop has one of those automatic welders, very old and out of use for at least 15 years.

10. dontoronto

trimmer just trim the selvage edge

unlike this, CUT

the last, the Airplane

• Like Like x 1