CORELUXE Vinyl Flooring

Discussion in 'Vinyl Flooring Q&A' started by Chop, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Chop

Chop New Member

Hi, I'm in the market for new flooring. The room in question is the bottom level of a split level home. It is half under grade, clement slab, with a walk out patio. We currently have carpet that been destroyed by a combination of our dogs and heavy usage. The room is approx 500 sq feet and we are looking at replacing it with CORELUXE from Lumber Liquidators (link below). Problem is I can't find any real reviews on the product or how it has held up long term. I've also read mixed reviews on floating floors. We like the idea of a water proof and scratch proof (dogs have scratched up the hardwood in the rest of the house). But I'm nervous to sink 3k into the project between materials an installation with out more information.

Has anyone used this product? Would you recommend it? Are there any other products out there that would be a better fit? Are floating floors better today then they were 2 or 3 years ago? I really appreciate any feedback. Thanks

7mm Beach Cottage Oak EVP - Coreluxe by Tranquility | Lumber Liquidators

2. j248

j248 I Support TFP

no vinyl floor is scratch proof

3. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

Easy-to-install flooring: Tranquility Click

I like the end of video, not this floor, but if I'm buying a house I might say, yeah, take that crap with you when you leave.

I'm guessing they are going to sail right thru without going out of business.

I don't believe the hype, floors need to be as flat as possible.

4. Chop

Chop New Member

Thanks for the recommendation, I thought this site might be helpful. Instead I get two turds who are useless.

5. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

That got you banned.

6. Mike Antonetti

Just strange at the end of video, the guy says you can take the floor with you. What all do they take in Europe besides cabinets?

7. Commercial Floor Rep

Commercial Floor Rep I Support TFP Published

Oh well, a perfect customer to let LL have. I'm sure he'll gain a lot from their helpful staff.

Well done Jim!

Mikey & Josh, I still like ya! Trust me I've been called much worse! :D

8. Mike Antonetti

I need to start writing all these fine words down, so I don't forget. So I guess this is how you know you're moving up in life when people start calling you names.

9. Levi

Levi Member

Turds are not useless. They make stuff grow.

10. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Administwative Asst. Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

They usually float too! Good for target practice!

11. Daris Mulkin

Daris Mulkin The One and Only Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Everything but the walls and structure.

:old:

Daris

12. EHJ511

EHJ511 Member

I, too, am looking at Luxury Vinyl Flooring. Chop's original question was a good one, but I don't see any constructive feedback from all you professionals on here. Can anyone add something that can help me figure out why this isn't a good product instead of making vague statements? I'm also thinking about Smartcore at Lowe's, anyone have experience using that? Thanks in advance.

13. Daris Mulkin

Maybe it would be better to start your own thread on the subject. It seems the original poster didn't like what he heard and got himself banned after calling the boss a name. Then things kind of went crazy after that.
    Start over all fresh and see what happens.

Daris

14. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

He didn't get banned for calling me a name. That happens all the time. I only enforce the rule about personal attacks when it happens to someone else. In this case, he called Mike and Josh turds and useless. Neither of them are useless. ;)

15. Daris Mulkin

Either way I thought it would be best to have her/his own thread to get rid of the joking back and forth about turds.
    Just my thoughts-they aren't worth much, but anyway.

Daris