Cordless heat gun

Discussion in 'Tools, Equipment and Supplies' started by Don Monfils, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Don Monfils

Don Monfils PRO CARPET Charter Member

BBBE4CA2-B138-4B3E-88D1-7929B1C5722C.jpeg I got this Milwaukee M18 heat gun for Christmas . I used it for the first time , the last 2 days on outside corners of cove base. It is awesome. The weight of the battery makes it very steady when setting it on the floor.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Daris Mulkin

Daris Mulkin The One and Only Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

How long does the battery last?

:old:

Daris

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

This is what I use, instant fire. No more striker.

Is there fuel to that or just from battery?

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Don Monfils

Good question ...I just checked the battery and it still has three out of four bars ,after using it the last two days .
    But it is a large 9 amp hour battery

Mike it just runs on the battery

5. Mike Antonetti

Are there any homes for sale like right next door to you? Neighbor!

6. Tom Potter

Tom Potter I Support TFP

Very cool. Didn't know they made one.

Also, is that a cove base jig?

7. Don Monfils

You don’t want to live next door Mike , I just went out to pick up food and it is 7 degrees.
    Yes that’s a outside corner tool ( don’t know the real name)

8. Mike Antonetti

Yes, good security deterrent cold weather.

9. Tom Potter

Tom Potter I Support TFP

I'll cosign Don's statement. You dont want to live in NY in the winter......or any time, Lol.

Going to be -6 tonight in my area. That's the reason a lot of the retirees here leave for Florida in Nov & return in May. Nobody wants to deal with this crap.

I hav some friends that just got home from west palm beach. They own a little vacation property & were telling me it was almost 90. That sounds amazing when everything around you is frozen solid.

10. Mike Antonetti

Yeah sounds good till you work in it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Robert Parsons

Robert Parsons Pro Member

just found this image on google. Anyone know if it's real? 201574fae082d2df5001b5d1adf654b0.jpg

12. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

Might be a prototype. It isn't on the DeWalt website.

13. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Can't wait til Ryobi makes on for all the batteries I have.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Chris 45

Chris 45 Director of P.R. on some deserted island. I Support TFP

Winter in the Carolinas is straight up working weather. Cool, dry and sunny. Hoodie before work and maybe even after but a T-shirt when you’re hustlin is all you need. I actually got a slight sun burn last December because I had my saws set up outside. Can’t beat that.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Tom Potter

Tom Potter I Support TFP

My father in law beat feet after he retired to NC. He loves it. Winter can be cool but not cold. He even gets in a motorcycle ride or 2 in January.....must be nice.

And I hear you Mike. 90 is a bit too hot for me too. But when you're ass deep in snow & its -10 outside, 90 sounds real nice!

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. kylenelson

kylenelson You'll find me on the floor I Support TFP Senior Member

You’re going to pay for it all summer though! Was there in NC is November , humid place! Weather is great in the fall though

P.S. I want to see that corner tool

17. Chris 45

Yeah, the summers are a bit much. Hot and humid. The rest of the year is fantastic. November is prime time perfect weather here. No humidity during the winter. The wife doesn’t like it here at all.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Mike Antonetti

Keep me posted on the location your wife does not “prefer” I have one in similar sitcheasion!

19. Chris 45

@Mike Antonetti With the wife it’s more of a mind set issue. Me, I like it here. Work is plentiful, I’m good enough to be able to pick and choose my jobs, housing is cheap compared to the west coast and people are nice. I’m sure we’ll end up back on the west coast though. Good thing I saved my ‘coffee mug’.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Tom Potter

Tom Potter I Support TFP

Bwaaahaaahaaaa, lol.

I haven't had any coffee in about 5 years. These last few weeks I been thinking about brewing a cup one of these weekends. Just have to plan a time when the kid is at a sleepover & the missus is at work..........probably not going to happen, but it definitely sounds like a nice day.