Copper-Look PVC Roofing

Discussion in 'Other Home Decorating & Remodeling Projects' started by Houptee, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Houptee

Houptee General Contractor

2. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

I read 3/4 of it. Not video. Looks like a good system. Condo where my mom is at lost part of their membrane roof, 120k for the new portion next month. I’d hope it’s a mechanical fastening system.
    I forwarded to the Condo Mgr, said I hope it’s not too late, except for next year!

Preciate the info! Been a little backlogged to read JLC.

• Like Like x 1
  3. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

I saw a show about there being solar roofing developed also that look like composite shingles. Tech is moving fast.

4. Grant H

Grant H I'd rather be patting my dog.

5. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

6. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Yes, pretty cool. We will see if it works.

7. Mike Antonetti

Tech is moving very fast. On a visit to New York last week Long Island has tons of solar electric panels. Not sure how that occurred had to be some kind of scam incentive. I don’t like bolting through roof, I do like the separation from sunlight beating on roof reducing heat to home. Not sure how they handle hail, and i think solar panels should follow sun throughout its arc across the sky from sunrise to set. Property size would matter I’ve seen some on ground in my area but they were stationary. I’d like to be able to remove them when hurricanes approach in a secure shelter for hookup immediately after storm.

Another issue is feeding back to grid or battery storage for own use power failure.

8. Chris 45

Chris 45 Director of P.R. on some deserted island. I Support TFP

Funny thing about Florida. You are required to be connected to the grid thanks to the electric companies lobbying to keep it that way. So when power is out, you are in the dark even though you have electrical producing capabilities right there.

9. Mike Antonetti

I’m not sure about that, sounds fishy and unAmerican! I will inquire.

10. Mike Antonetti

I asked a friend (control room operator at power plant)about the battery storage for solar, he has batteries and two inverters(asked if I wanted to buy one for 2k$) just hasn’t hooked it up yet. Says it’s ok to do and that 99% of people that have it in our area feed back to grid.

11. Chris 45

Chris 45 Director of P.R. on some deserted island. I Support TFP

Probably off gridders that semi play by the rules. I was looking into it during your last big hurricane and the level of bureaucracy is insane. Same thing with Puerto Rico. If even half of those people were able to generate their own power, things would be different. Big electric owns the utility lines so they will rebuild the most economical way as opposed to what may actually be the best for the future to come. My wife has a fantasy of building a Cobb house so I’m more in the know than I ever wanted to be.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Mike Antonetti

Yeah, there’s a lot of pushback from power companies I heard a couple years ago, all the good things get corrupt.

I’m trying to see how Elon will do, other electric cars are around the corner, everyone piles on after someone pays R&D.