Concrete Balcony Replacements

Discussion in 'Flooring Potpourri' started by Mike Antonetti, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

I was pessimistic about the future of this hotel as they were demoing the balconies, I thought they were going to demolish the whole thing. It had one more year to go before it was to contracted to be torn down if it didn’t sell. Enter Canadian purchasers.

So apparently the salt water and air deteriorates the rebar, if nothing prevents the concrete to hold together then it’s integrity is destroyed. The 11 story shell sold for 11 mil, empty lot from demolished motel sold for 3, new company proposes 50 mil 4 star hotel, formerly Treasure Island.

Attached Files:

2. epoxyman

epoxyman Pro Member

Yea I see them ripping them down all the time if I make it to the beach side
    They need good coatings to keep the salt out it’s kinda scary if you walk out on to them the rebar is coming out and rust is showing you like this may fall at any time lol

Mike next time your over this way text me and if I’m not busy we can do lunch
  3. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

Sounds positive! Wife mentioned going over this weekend, my buddy wants me to pour 3’x3’x2’ thick footers for a vehicle lift, I wanted to use 60lb bagged concrete and mix as needed, he wanted the one yard portable mixers but we’d need more than yard, getting it back/cleaning/placing, this cement is not fun, I’d rather criticize their work, then I could just grind the two footers laser level.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. epoxyman

epoxyman Pro Member

Yea the cement thing is work
    I did 5 steps and two big landings out back a few years ago took like 50 bags I used a mixer for it did a little each night as I got home from work