1. Kelly Fivecoat

Kelly Fivecoat Floor Dog

Walking into some jobs you see the posture of someone who's going to complain. This lady had the look of someone having a bad day.
    I've done 60 offices for a financial consultant with very few complaints or repairs. This "FA" wasn't happy that the whole floor didn't match and tried to get me to change it midway through the job which was only 2 days. They even lied that I was "not friendly". No complaint about my work, but they had to find something to complain about. I think I paid special attention to detail just in case they'd be difficult.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Tom Potter

Tom Potter I Support TFP

That'll happen man. We all get our handful of "those customers" every year.

Nothing you or anyone can do about it. Just handle your business there & beat feet.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Incognito

Incognito No more Mr. Nice Guy! I Support TFP Senior Member

Why 5 coats Mr. Kelly?

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Kelly Fivecoat

Kelly Fivecoat Floor Dog

Just my name. A guy was trying to sell me some type of floor coating guessing I coated floors because of my name.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. kylenelson

kylenelson You'll find me on the floor I Support TFP Senior Member

I prefer to think of it like you’re so rich you can afford five coats.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. seamsealer

seamsealer Pro Member

It's probably gotten worse over the years as cable TV shows about remodeling and rehabbing are on all the time and make everything look so simple, anyone can do it. Everyone is a critic now.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Incognito

Incognito No more Mr. Nice Guy! I Support TFP Senior Member

Made me think of the guys who can't prep in 2 heavy coats of Feather Finish or the equivalent. I was laughing my ass off when a co-worker told me about working with some guy who was prepping out an area and said it was going to take AT LEAST seven or eight coats. Now I can't say I get every floor patched with 2 heavy coats and a sander but 90 percent of the time if I cant something is horribly wrong. I tell guys I work with if you can't get it in 2 coats you're probably just making it worse with the 3rd coat. They don't mix it right. I'm sure you know those guys---------slop and sand--------slop and sand--------slop and sand-------still shitty-----screw it, just lay it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1