Clarke FM-13 parts

Discussion in 'Buy & Sell Flooring Tools and Equipment' started by Whyzman, Aug 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whyzman

Whyzman Pro Member

Hello,

So as not to incur the wrath of "T" I have started a new thread. Although, those who responded to: https://thefloorpro.com/community/b...57-clutch-plate-13-clark-buffer-needed-2.html ...are probably the best to supply my needed information.

Member Lo Down stated that a clutch plate was ordered, but not from where. I am interested in finding out where that I might follow in the footsteps.

Thanks so much in advance,

Whyzman

2. Incognito

Incognito No more Mr. Nice Guy! I Support TFP Senior Member

Look in the local yellow pages under janitorial supplies, repairs and service. They'll have the "universal" clutch plates that fit on most Clarke machines. If you tell him your specific machine he should be able to confirm compatibility.

3. Whyzman

Whyzman Pro Member

Brian, the universal clutch plates, I am told, do not fit the FM-13. I suspect that they work with the 5" ers. The FM-13 (older versions) like mine have a 3.375" such as this:

Pad Driver Clutch Plate - Alto/Clarke Industries Std. Speed Floor Machines

I have a call into this place today, but I am also searching for a Pad Driver that will fit my machine. They quoted me around $90.00 which has me looking at the same venue Lo Down came up with, which is build my own. I'm wating for a call back as I wanted to know if the one they had was wood or one of the "plastic" versions.

What I am not sure about is the size that would be best for my Clarke. Most of the web site vendors talk about a driver that is an inch or two smaller...which would make mine an 11 or 12" disk. Also, the plastic for other machines talk about a 1" riser. So, I'm wondering if 1" riser would put the machine "above" the disk and then allow a slightly larger disk to protrude. I hope I'm being clear... In other words, I'm thinking if I had, say, a 12" pad driver with a 1" riser that I could use a 14" pad.

From my maintenance job many many moons ago I'm wondering if all that would be moot since the VCT floors I'll be using this to clean may occasionally need me to "leverage" the machine angle to "power grind" any stubborn marks. At the risk of offending any Trekkies I affectionally call the stubborn marks, Kling-ons. Oh that is so bad!! :D:D

4. Incognito

Incognito No more Mr. Nice Guy! I Support TFP Senior Member

I have an older Clarke 13" machine. I forget what model number but it used the same clutch plate as my 20" machine

5. Whyzman

Whyzman Pro Member

Do you know if you have the 5" or 3" diameter? From my research, it appears that there was a transition at some point where they went to the larger diameter yet the same FM-13...

6. Gunn

Gunn Pro Member

Clarke FM-13 clutchplates

Hi,
    Sorry about finding this post so late, but if you still need plates for the FM-13, I can set you up with correct part numbers ( not Clarke's, but Industry standard).
    The OEM plate , small version, mounts into a 3 3/8" centerhole, has four screw mounting holes,is a part # RC-81, and the ( now extinct) 5" hole version ( with 6 mounting screw holes) is the 4151( N-51). The small plates are still available, and an adaptor can easily be made to fit it to a 5" hole.
    Hope this helps,
    Gunn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.