Chuck Thompson

Discussion in 'In Memoriam' started by Jon Thompson, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Jon Thompson

Jon Thompson Pro Member

Charles Dean Thompson
    November 28, 1956 - December 15, 1999

He was a loving person and taught me alot about the flooring bussiness!
    I love and miss you Uncle Chuck!

2. kylenelson

kylenelson You'll find me on the floor I Support TFP Senior Member

Sorry for your loss.

3. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

Gone way too soon, hu Jon? My condolences. Can you share a little more about him?

Jim

4. Roland Thompson

Roland Thompson Charter Member Senior Member

so sorry to hear about your loss. Please tell us some about him, it sounds like he would fit right in.

5. Mike Sliwinski

Mike Sliwinski The Doctor Is In I Support TFP Senior Member

To teach is to give a part of yourself to someone else, it takes time and patiences, ................Great job !! Uncle chuck........ rest in peace.

Jon, I'm Sorry for the loss of your uncle , but happy for the gains he helped provide in your life.

Mike

6. stullis

stullis Charter Member Senior Member

Sorry to read of your loss, may you be comforted by the memories you have of him.

7. Jon Thompson

Jon Thompson Pro Member

Wow Thank you guys very much just to give a little about him he was a vinyl man (that why Im a vinyl guy) and was more like a father to me than a Uncle. He was very smart when it came to this stuff he would amaze me a new floor would come out and remember this was years ago when we did get any idea of what to do and he would just know what to do it was like a sixth sense. He had a wife and 3 kids 2boys and 1 little girl she was only 4 when he passed away. It was tragic he had his whole life in front of him. He had a brain tumor and had been complaining about headaches for years but the doctor said it was sinus problems one morning we went too go to work walked out to the truck and he passed out in his front yard. One year later he was gone. yes he would of fit right in here he would of had alot to share cause when I had a problem he was the first call I made and 99 percent of the time there wasnt a need for a second call. He was the one that made me a tool junkie when I was a helper and left a trowel or something dirty he didnt yell at me he would walk me over to the tool pick it up and say "this isnt going to work if you take care of your tools your tools will take care of you and you will never be hungry" I think that is why he left me all his tools instead of the rest of the family cause I took that to heart why? cause he was right to this day me and my family havent went hungry. He was a pratical joker one time we working in a house doing vinyl in a kitchen and a couple bathrooms well there was a whole in the wall for a air return or something Im in this little bathroom working my butt off spreading glue what he do sticks his hand through the hole and yells I jumped out of my skin. Ok Im going quit now cause I could go on for ever but before I do I would like to Thank everyone again cause I put him on here just so he was never forgotten and with all your heart felt replys I know he will never be forgotten THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH!!!!!

8. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

Thank you for sharing those stories with us, Jon. He sure woulda fit in well here - just like you do. Glad to have you here and thank you so much for sharing these memories with us.

Jim

9. ortiz34

ortiz34 2nd generation Senior Member

Rest easy Uncle Thompson

Prayers to his family, It's never easy

10. Lo Down

Lo Down Old as dirt member Charter Member Senior Member

I bet a lot of guys here have those kinds of stories. We learned from men that cared about what they did as a trade.............. but they also had their humor. Makes for some good memories even when life is cut short. Sorry for your loss, Jon.

11. Ricardo Chavez

Ricardo Chavez Pro Member

rest in peace ,sorry about your loss

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2012