Chevy 2003 2500 won't start

Discussion in 'Tools, Equipment and Supplies' started by Mike Sliwinski, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Mike Sliwinski

Mike Sliwinski The Doctor Is In I Support TFP Senior Member

Yo, my brother gave me his 2500 a few months ago (Happy Birthday to Me ! :D ) and she's been doing fine until yesterday. Got towed from the loading dock to the mechanic.

Symptoms: crank, 1/2 fire, stumble, stop :mad: she's got fuel pressure.....Found the key re-set method on-the line ;) and told mechanic but he said they did that and it's something more. Being sent to another shop for diagnostics......Any clues ?

Thanks !

2. epoxyman

epoxyman Pro Member

I had a older 2002 2500 van
    It ran fine then would do as your saying come to find out the distributor cap was bad and damp inside

3. Mike Sliwinski

Mike Sliwinski The Doctor Is In I Support TFP Senior Member

Thanks Ron ! I'll pass that on to the mechanic.

4. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti Senior Member

Ah the ol common problems of the ? 6.0? Think I’m flashing back to issues I recall of that start and then system cutoff. There’s GM Sierra and Silverado chat rooms, but I’m trying to get a new truck as to not deal with issues and engineering flaws. Especially not dealing with older BMW’s

5. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti Senior Member

Mass Air Flow sensor? Not difficult to determine Fire. Fuel and Air(Oxy- Gen, not Contin)

My 74 roadrunner when I was 18 had been rebuilt but not started yet, brought to some really whacked out militia type shadetree mechanic who had a few mopars. Well they left the stuffed paper in the intake manifold when they painted it. Guess marijuana was more of a priority back then those there days.

It’s got to be something notorious for that year/s

I think it was my van that stalled out due to the security feature. I believe I replaced the ignition switch. Sending code that it was fraudulent start, tried cutting key by code from dealer, can barely remember other than sitting for 15 minutes for it to clear to try to restart again. Dam theft deterrent BS inconveniences everyone. Like I enjoyed staying at a customers house 15 minutes after I was done.

6. seamsealer

seamsealer Pro Member

I had a 2002 Chevy van and I think I remember a distributor cap problem with that truck. It was under warranty and the dealer fixed it.

7. Mark Brown

Mark Brown On The Surface Flooring I Support TFP

I had a 2003? Chevy express 2500 with 500000k on it. Power staring leaked, oil pan leaked, rear axel broke in half, front suspension was gone, then one fateful day it just wouldn't turn over at -40C I think water got in the fuel and froze but I didn't care to find out. Sold it at auction for 200 dollars with 1200 dollars of rubber on it.... I figured it was a win LOL