Changing a clutch on a Wolff Samba Grinder

Discussion in 'Tools, Equipment and Supplies' started by Blckrse533, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Blckrse533

Blckrse533 New Member

I have a Wolff Samba Grinder with a ninja disk attachment, it came with an extra clutch to change to so that I can use different Sanding and Scrubbing disks but I am having a hard time finding information on how to change out the clutch. Can any one help?

2. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

From what I looked up about a picture of it, looks like it may be reverse threaded, or left hand thread? It may need to soak in PB Blaster to loosen the corrosion. Probably on top of shaft it would have some shape to lock the shaft with a tool. With the disc attached that would give you more leverage for unscrewing the opposite direction of normal floor grinding. Understand it's been tightening its whole life of use.

Attached Files:

3. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

4. Completefloors

Completefloors Pro Member

can i ask why your changing it? i have it in a cabinet in my van and think about tossing it every time i see it. when i bought mine, i think i was told its for the attachment with the arms coming off it, and that it using different paper of something. im just curious now.