CFI Speakers at the TISE Installation Showcase

Discussion in 'Industry News, Training & Organizations' started by Jim McClain, Jan 13, 2015.

1. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

[​IMG]CFI Speakers at The International Surface Event Installation Showcase

TOM CARTMELL, well-known industry expert on woven and patterned carpet knowledge and installation will present, “Let’s Talk About Difficult Patterns – You Should Specify Tolerances,” at 11:00am on Wednesday January 28, 2015 at the TISE Installation Showcase on the large stage located on the lower floor of the exhibition hall.

Patterns don’t have to be difficult to install, but often they turn into problems for everyone. Tom will share ideas that can assist you in making the correct decisions when ordering and specifying patterned carpet. Jobs cancelled, postponed and installed incorrectly can be a major disaster if the pattern tolerance is not addressed prior to the installation.

Tom has spent his installation career working with patterned carpet. He is certified as a CFI Master-II Installer, is currently employed by The Blakley Corporation of Indianapolis and is also the owner of CSR Flooring Consultants. He began his career as a union apprentice in 1975 and supervised flooring installations for 101 school buildings in Indianapolis, IN. Later, he joined Mohawk as the Commercial Technical Representative. He is a member of the CFI Board of Directors, CFI Team of Instructors, recipient of the Gress Award and 50+ CFI Jacket and a contributor to the ANSI S600 document chapter of Woven Carpet.

ROBERT VARDEN is considered a leading authority on carpet backings, which he stresses that everyone in the business of selling and installing carpet, must understand to finish the job correctly. Not every carpet works for every installation. He will share the latest ideas in the seminar, “You Should Know Carpet Backings – It Makes a Huge Difference,” at 11:00am on Friday, January 30, 2015.

Recommending an incorrect carpet backing can result in an unhappy customer and an installation that may fail. The importance of the carpet backing is essential to a quality installation.

Robert is CFI Master-II from Rockwall, TX and the Executive Director of CFI. He is a spokesperson for TRAXX and PERSONNA, an Instructor for CCA Global for CFI training and certification, specializes in the use of the Koolglide Seaming System; winner of the “Best of the Best” Carpet Flooring Competition at Surfaces, columnist; inspector, consultant, member of the ANSI S600 committee; recipient of the Gress Award and 50+ CFI jacket; member of the CFI Executive Board and the CFI Certification Team. Prior to his involvement in his current work, Robert owned large commercial installation workrooms in Texas and California

The seminars are scheduled on Level 1, Bayside –Booth #B1376.

More about The International Surface Event

2. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

CFI PROBLEM SOLVING SESSIONS at TISE WEST

LET’S TALK FLOORING! CFI PROBLEM SOLVING SESSIONS at TISE WEST

CFI has added a new session; assistance with PROBLEM SOLVING for YOUR FLOORING ISSUES on Friday, January 23, 2015.

On Friday, if you are experiencing a difficult situation and would like to discuss it with a member of the CFI Team, please visit the CFI Booth. This free opportunity is open to installers, dealers and industry associates. This is a time to talk with knowledgeable installers who may be able to offer assistance BEFORE the problem occurs or advice to find a solution that works for everyone if the work has been completed. Let’s Talk!

The CFI booth B3377 is located at the rear of the lower floor adjacent to the concession stand. CFI invites you to discuss difficult situations with the CFI Team of Industry Leaders in Installation.

FRIDAY SCHEDULE for PROBLEM SOLVING WORKSHOP

9:00am – 10:00am RESILIENT FLOORING
    10:00am – 11:00am CARPET
    11:00am – 12:00pm LAMINATE and WOOD FLOORING

CFI also invites you to visit the Woven and Patterned Carpet Workshop and the Resilient Flooring Workshop on Wednesday and Thursday to view the CFI Training and Certification procedures.

3. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

I saw a list of speakers, Roland was listed, but I didn't search any further.

4. Roland Thompson

Roland Thompson Charter Member Senior Member

I was on the main stage not in the class rooms.

5. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

Well excuuuoouuuse me, (Steve Martin) I gotta watch some Sat night live reruns.
    Show went well Roland?

6. Daris Mulkin

Daris Mulkin The One and Only Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

It had to, he got to see me even though I was only there 3 hours.

:old:

Daris

7. Roland Thompson

I was busy almost the hole time so I only got to see a small portion of the show. That is the down fall of teaching. The vendors that I talked to all said it went very well for them. Better then last year. Next year it will all be on one floor ( the hall is getting bigger )

8. Daris Mulkin

Daris Mulkin The One and Only Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Or is the crowd and vendors getting smaller?

:old:

Daris

9. Roland Thompson

No, the place wants to make more space so they are adding to the show floor.