CFI Convention

Discussion in 'Industry News, Training & Organizations' started by Don Monfils, Aug 14, 2006.

1. Don Monfils

Don Monfils PRO CARPET Charter Member

So, What did I miss at the convention. I went once in 2002 and had a great time.Maybe next year will be able to go.

2. Daris Mulkin

Daris Mulkin The One and Only Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

All in all it was another great time. Leon Harrison is the new Pres. for the next 2 years. Roy Davison the VP. I'm sure you know it was held in Dallas. Hotter than h. I think most of the time it was over 100.
    There is a new position in the organization called the executive director which Jon Namba holds. I really believe that is going to be a plus for the organization. He has a lot of contacts to help move forward and knowing Jon a lot of ideas.
    Had some great seminars. One being on radiant heat that I went to and really thought it was great. Opened up some eyes on the types of pad and carpet to use over it. R-factors play a BIG role. You almost have to work with the heating contractor so you know where the units are, not like the old days of damp mopping a floor and look for the dry spots. Poke a hole in this stuff may mean replacing the whole floor. Some of it is ordered by length and don't be short.
    They also had Koolglide and a Koolglide certificatioon on the Pro. Could also get the 100's upgraded to the Pro.
    People from a hardwood Medalion place that showed how to put them in. Had some really cool medalions of which one was given away at the drawing on the last night.
    We also raised over $10,000 for the FCIF fund and the Gearge Buckhardt fund, both who help flooring people in trouble from major life changing problems. FCIF ifor anybody in flooring and Buckhards is installers only.
    So all in all it was a great time. Looking forward to next years already where ever it is to be held.

Daris

3. Don Monfils

Don Monfils PRO CARPET Charter Member

Thanks Daris, sounds like a great time.I let my membership expire a couple years ago . I would like to renew soon. There seems to be very little informational seminars in the Northeast .:(