CFI convention 2016

Discussion in 'Industry News, Training & Organizations' started by Mike Antonetti, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

Day 1- what did you learn?

2. Rodney Henderson

Rodney Henderson Pro Member

I have a lot to learn. This was definitely worth the cost and time to come. I say this with only me in mind however, it may not be worth somebody else's time and money. I am very excited to see how the rest of the week goes!

3. Roland Thompson

Roland Thompson Charter Member Senior Member

It was my pleasure to meet you today. Hope to have time to talk again.

4. Chris Mha

Chris Mha Charter Member Senior Member

Rodney you made a good friend when you made contact Roland. He is a good man and full of flooring knowledge. He's full of some other stuff too but we won't talk about that. Just kidding Roland.

5. Roland Thompson

Roland Thompson Charter Member Senior Member

The convention was good. Had some good breakouts. Next year will be down in Orlando FL.
    Rodney, glade we had some time to talk. Call me anytime you have a question. Good seeing young guys like you coming into the industry.

6. Mike Antonetti

Lot of info to digest at those. Can you take pictures at CFI conventions, or is it like Surfaces and Coverings where no photos allowed?

7. Daris Mulkin

Daris Mulkin The One and Only Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Pictures are allowed and I have taken pictures at Surfaces also.

:old:

Daris

8. Rodney Henderson

Roland it was a pleasure to have met you and all the other guys out there. It was also an honor for you to have shared some of your insight with me. Meeting you guys also gave me motivation to learn as much about the trade as i can, it really gave me perspective on where i am at in this trade and i have a long way to go.

9. Mike Antonetti

Rodney, you saw the NWFA crew there? Got good info? I still have a long way to go, I was thinking today at any given time throughout my career in this I only knew 35% of what I needed to know, it's always changing and I'm trying to get to the 100% level which is impossible, because something new came out today. Makes it interesting.

10. Rodney Henderson

I did get to meet Jon Namba, but he was the only person i met that i knew was affiliated with the NWFA. I really think the best thing i got from the whole experience was that that formal training and certification can/will pay off, provided that leverage it to your advantage. Just like any other tool, it wont do the work for you, but it will make your job easier if you know how to get the most out of it. I just need to get my butt into these said events. I am eyeing the R1&C1 certification going on in Dalton Georgia November 1-3. Its gonna be the closest one to me from what i can tell.

11. Mike Antonetti

Very good to visit area as well. Puts it into perspective.