CFI Ceramic Installation Training & Certification, Salisbury, MD June 2018

Discussion in 'Industry News, Training & Organizations' started by Jim McClain, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

CFI Ceramic Installation Training & Certification, Salisbury, Maryland on June 8-9, 2018
    [​IMG]

For more information about any of these events, go to their website: www.midatlanticfloorcoveringassoc.com

2. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

500$ hmm. Little Steep?

I wonder what “balancing floors” means, never heard the term. They say layout a few sentences prior.

Who are the “instructors” and I wonder how this compares with TCNA’s certification. Which holds more weight?

3. epoxyman

epoxyman Pro Member

I would say balancing out the floors
    Are centered floors with even cuts all around trying not to half less then half a tile cut. On some jobs you just cannot

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. SteveG

SteveG Pro Member

Looks like "layout" is for the estimator. Which direction is this tile going to run? Things you show a customer.

"Balancing" probably means how are we going to center the grout lines to the room, how will I avoid teeny tiny cuts in bad places. Things the installer needs to figure out.

5. SteveG

SteveG Pro Member

WFCA/CFI is a legit group. I think either one can teach people to become an installer. Really by the time someone has bothered to go and get some kind of professional training they are miles ahead of some of the hacks we run into day to day.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

Nice, I like the reasoning. So little time available to take off but I think all flooring should be taught so when they leave they have a feel for what they want to do.

7. SteveG

SteveG Pro Member

I just checked in on this - the CFI teaches to the TCNA standards.

• Like Like x 1