Carpet

Discussion in 'Carpet Q&A' started by Lo Down, May 6, 2006.

1. Lo Down

Lo Down Old as dirt member Charter Member Senior Member

Thought I would get the ball rolling here................. Next?
    Keep the line moving.

2. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

Thank you Lowerdown. You are one of our Pros here and I look forward to seeing you involved in discussions all over this board. Consumers and Pros alike will benefit from your expertise and conviviality (put that in your dictionary and smoke it).

Thank you for joining.

3. inyourface

inyourface Guest

Name?

Is that your name or position in life? Just razzin.:p

Guess all on the floor could be thought of in that way

I looked at other sites--only fighting- yuck

4. Lo Down

I have a lowered Chevy stepside............. something low just seemed right for a name. AKA Lo Down........... should probably use it instead of Lowerdown so it doesn't confuse the 'slow' ones. :D

5. inyourface

inyourface Guest

it was a joke--i said it about us all--ok--i can see you don't want funny--no problem.

Note to self, funny = bad

6. Jim McClain

Hello inyourface,

I am sure he understood it was a joke. Your use of smilies was the clue. Funny=GOOD most of the time. Lowerdown also used a smilie. If you can't see some of the images here please let me know. But of course if you can't see them how whould you know? See I made a funny too. But we do have a test forum so you can try different things.

PS: Lowerdown if you want your name changed just tell me.

7. inyourface

inyourface Guest

Not necessary--thanks

8. Lo Down

I was referring to TFP Admin, not you! :eek: :D
    I'm not the mean type.... not my style......just trying to be funny.
    If I was gonna be mean, I wouldn't have added the smily face.

9. Lo Down

That would be great......Rename me Lo Down...... so it doesn't confuse the slow ones. :D :D :D :D :D :D

10. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Administwative Asst. Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Who you callin slooooooow?

11. Lo Down

If there's anyone slower than me, myself and I....... I never met 'em. :coffee:

12. Floorguy

Floorguy The Living Dead Charter Member Senior Member

Have we met? :dance:

13. Jim Schnasa

Jim Schnasa Charter Member

I might be slower than you LO Down. I've been told if I moved any slower I'd be going backwards.:)

14. Jim McClain

I might be slower than alla y'all. I gotta take hits off an oxygen tank ever' few minutes. 'Course, now I don't have to do any tear-up or scrapin'. That's what helpers are for, right?

Jim

15. tony lamar

tony lamar Charter Member

I may be slow, but I'm messy!:dance:

16. inyourface

inyourface Guest

If one doesn't want the general public here, this would be a very good thread to introduce them too.

Is this your board or do you just do whatever you want?

If you don't like what's up here, put something better up.

17. tony lamar

Surely the general public has a sense of humor. Everyone can use a giggle.

18. inyourface

inyourface Guest

What's so funny, that you and others don't want the general public here so you post crap like this and call it funny?

The owner of this board opened this to the public and until he thinks it's better not to, threads like this serve no purpose. It's pure nonsense and you call it funny.

Hey, maybe you would like to greet the public like this, but did you bother asking the owner or do you even bother asking for anything?

You wanna be funny, go down the page, this area is for the consumer. The consumer should be greeted with respect and information, not just some jibber jabber, from people that already are against the general public being here.

I don't see anything funny in the things you guys posted and I don't believe the general public will care for such either.

19. Jim McClain

You have contributed as much or as little to this thread as any other member inyourface. You are not a member of the staff and I would appreciate you not telling the other members what they can or can not post.

I also agree that our non-pro members and visiting consumers will for the most part have an understanding of humor. No one has made the flooring profession look bad here. Please do not allow this thread to deteriorate to an argument. If you can't join in the humor of this thread then don't post to it.

20. tony lamar

Dear consumers and DIY's,

I and many other proffessional installers freely excersise a sense of humor. I find it a great approach to breaking the ice with the many and varied people I deal with day in- day out. I also find it to be a good and healthy approach to life. Please don't confuse humor with a lack of seriousness, with reference to our trade. I take my work quite serious, as do most of the proffessionals here. There are many capable pros here who take your questions seriously and are more than happy to help. If we can have a chuckle in the process, all the better.
    Thanks,
    Tony Lamar

TFP administration,
    I hope this explanation is not overstepping my boundary. If you feel it is inappropriate, please feel free to remove it.