Can Carpet be Repaired?

Discussion in 'Carpet Q&A' started by StevMil, Oct 22, 2017.

1. StevMil

StevMil New Member

I dont have any replacement pieces. Can i somehow stretch & fix it? Or will this have to be replaced? Please help.. 15087263248851755660911.jpg

2. Mark Brown

Mark Brown On The Surface Flooring I Support TFP

probably cannot be stretched to repair. Looks like to me that is about 2 inches?? You might be able to crank on it and get that but I wouldn't put money on it, depends in how big the room behind it is. highly unlikely none the less. Do you have a closet or an inconspicuous place you could steal some carpet from?? Better a hole in a closet than a hole in the hall :)

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  3. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

I have repaired cat and dog clawing at several homes. If you have a scrap of left over carpet to fill it, it can be fixed. Otherwise finding a piece to fix that out of a closet or hidden area is needed to do the repair.

• Like Like x 1
  4. StevMil

StevMil New Member

Thank you for responding. I figured as much. I might try and steal a piece from the closet.

5. StevMil

StevMil New Member

Thank you for your feedback. Ill have to steal a piece from the closet or something

6. Roland Thompson

Roland Thompson Charter Member Senior Member

If you can get an inch in stretch, then you can cut that of and us it to do the repair.

• Like Like x 2