Cabin in the woods

Discussion in 'Spotlight on Flooring Professionalism' started by Mike Sliwinski, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Mike Sliwinski

Mike Sliwinski The Doctor Is In I Support TFP Senior Member

I found a nice home ( cabin in the woods ) for a wool, looped carpet Rem. and the customer was not half bad himself :).... local musician / comedian who kept me entertained for a few days......... burned me a few CD's as a tip.:cool:

Decided to turn and tac at the UN-even slate and open stairs, had some fun on those steep basement steps.....not !...... Half the woods made it onto the old carpet, pad plus sub-floor so the Ridgid vac worked double time.

I tried reducer tape, to hold the turn down on the bottom steps and installed them as singles, due to stiffness. Thank goodness the Shark Steamer is working, but the ' Nate hair dryer ' was available, just in case.;)

Enjoy the Grainy pictures :eek: sorry !

image(11).jpg 0719171315.jpg image(10).jpg image(9).jpg 0719171314.jpg image(8).jpg

Mike

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

Kinda light carpet for the woods. Nice work though.

3. Steve Olson

Steve Olson Hardwood/Laminate Guru Charter Member Senior Member

Oh man, done my share of those back in the day. Stair case barely more then a ladder, no fun, but looks good!

4. Mike Sliwinski

Jimmy boy ! Really ? o_O come on !.......I appreciate the acknowledgement,
    but IMHO its not worthy of ' The Spot Light ' maybe, more like
    ' The Candle Light of Flooring Professionalism ' :p

Thanks Man !
    Mike

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Another trick on the turn and tack is to score the crease with a screwdriver on that stiff stuff. Looks great.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Daris Mulkin

Daris Mulkin The One and Only Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

I use that trick for doing turned stair runners to keep it straight.

:old:

Daris

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mike Sliwinski

Update,
    I got a complaint, pilling and fuzzing by the Dr. table....... Inherent quality of the wool or defect, that's my question ? and how can you tell the difference.

I told him, inherent quality, that sheep farmers are still trying to cross breed and get them to grow longer fur, or is it hair ? :rolleyes:

Anywho, may need a site visit/ picture, but I think he's ok with my funny explanation. Any other advise I should give him ?

Thanks
    Mike

8. kwfloors

Wool sheds a lot for a while, might be his vacuum too. Is it a high use area? I have seen some that fuzz too much though.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

I always heard it was the length of hair, and Jons country had the best wool.

Get out the elactric shears?

10. kwfloors

I've always wanted one of those carpet planers they have for shearing carpet.

• Like Like x 1