BSR-IICRC S600 Standard rules book

Discussion in 'Industry News, Training & Organizations' started by kwfloors, Dec 17, 2014.

1. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

So anybody know when the book is going to be done? Nothing is going to be the same when it finally gets out.

The carpet IICRC standards. Just haven't heard anything for awhile.

2. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018 at 3:29 AM
  3. Mike Sliwinski

Mike Sliwinski The Doctor Is In I Support TFP Senior Member

Sorry bout that ! :eek: That review packet must be somewhere under this heaping pile of paper work, for processing ;) :p :p

Mike

4. Daris Mulkin

Daris Mulkin The One and Only Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

It seems to me that when they first started talking about this they were guestimateing 4-6 years. But could take longer.

:old:

Daris

5. Roland Thompson

Roland Thompson Charter Member Senior Member

It is out of review and is being gone over now by ANSI. There one hold up that is being worked on.
    CRI is fighting it a little about some small things they do not like.

6. Floored by Newman

Floored by Newman Floored by Newman

Just curious what will happen 5-10 years from then. Everything changing constantly and how can you get so specific when not every product, supplies used and job would be the same.

7. Incognito

Incognito No more Mr. Nice Guy! I Support TFP Senior Member

It will generally apply to all basic installations. You as an installer would also have to learn, understand and apply any product specific exceptions. As any product changes there will be updates in the technical specifications for the installation such as new sealers, new adhesives, new maintenance instructions that both sales and installation crews have to work with.

No way around it Bro. You have to read the instructions.

8. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

I'm sure manufacturers recommendations trump all.

9. Isabella Flooring

Isabella Flooring Pro Member

With the CRI hold, this then has to be put out for public view again, this is what happen with the r800, inspection guide,

10. Roland Thompson

Roland Thompson Charter Member Senior Member

I still can not understand how they can use the 800 when it was done with the plans the 600 would be done. I know the CRI wanted both of them but that did not happen.

11. Isabella Flooring

Isabella Flooring Pro Member

I don't understand how the 800 refers to the 600, when the 600 hasn't even been ANZI approved, isn't that like the carrot buggy and horse saying....