Bissell Crosswave to clean LVP?

Discussion in 'Cleaning, Maintenance & Restoration' started by eneka, Nov 15, 2019.

1. eneka

eneka Member

We have Coretec in Ivory coast oak installed all throughout our house. We have a robot vac (neato d5) that vacumms every other day and we pull out the Miele and mop bi-weekly. I see that the Bissell Crosswave is going to be on sale during Black Friday and was wondering how you pros feel about it? We have two dogs and a cat so the floors get fairly dirty. I noticed because of the texture of the flooring I need to get on my knees and scrub them ( i use a damp microfiber towel), if needed I'll use some neutral floor cleaner (I forgot which brand I bought, but it was the manufacturer recommend)

I'm hoping the Crosswave can eliminate the need for me to kneel down and scrub, but was wondering if there are any concerns about a wet vac. I know the floors are water proof and ideally should have now issues. I've also ready about how beater bars and prematurely wear down the floors.

2. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti Senior Member

So my wife went with a friend that cleans for a living to another friends house, they used this so called crosswave, she told me about it. One day after work I called her and said I’m going to Target to get their credit card and a smart TV, you need anything? A crosswave she replied and sent me a link. I go there, 269.00, hell no, so I get tv, credit card, go to Lowe’s to browse their clearance stuff because I’m a blood hound for deals. Found a few (really wasn’t looking for em)

They also make one for pets I saw in Daytona Pawn shop, 68$? Good condition, it’s like 320$.

I’d use it vinyl plank, we have tile and 1/4” grout I’m sure I’ll have to scrub and seal whenever I get around to it.

Went to an estimate and saw a vac at the curb and wondered how many millions of vacs get thrown out due to hype.

Attached Files:

3. eneka

eneka Member

Ah, will head there to see if there's any returns/clearance in stock. I love a good deal as well.

Used to always collect "broken" vacuumns off the streets. Quick belt replacement and they're good as new!

• Like Like x 2
  4. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Your coretec is waterproof but your floor under it probably isn't. Most just use a Swiffer or microfiber towels. Here are your cleaning directions.

PDMS - PDMSViewDetails

5. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti Senior Member

Sams was 229$ but I refuse to shop Walmart and got Target card just to counter my objection to them. They are higher price but some things are lower.

My wife uses a swiffer, battery spray? Cause we have a 2-1/2 year granddaughter terrorizing the place with spills on tile, then for deeper cleaning the crosswave will be implemented. Said she can’t wait to use it, how can I argue a price on that?

6. Chris 45

Chris 45 Director of P.R. on some deserted island. I Support TFP

You’re missin out by not going to Wally World. That’s some good people watching right there. Go in on a Sunday after church an everybody is dressed to the 9’s.

• Funny Funny x 1