Best Pizza

Discussion in 'Food for The Floor Pro' started by Daris Mulkin, Dec 23, 2013.

1. Daris Mulkin

Daris Mulkin The One and Only Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Another thread brought up PIZZA. Kman says Pizza Hut was his and Forbo don't agree. I don't either, here it is called Pizza Slut for a reason.
    So what is your favorite pizza? Now it can be a chain or a local palor or even home made.
    My favorite chain would be Lil Caesars because of the crust. I don't like thin. But my favorite local is John's Pizzaria. I like everything but the anchovies. At John's we have it screened as it is a thin crust but screening it keeps the crust soft.

old;

Daris

2. epoxyman

epoxyman Pro Member

I try to stay away from the chain store just not for me.

My wife makes pizza about once a month we get the veggies right from our garden outback and she dose the rest.

There is a place in Deland Fl. called The Blind Pig they make a great pizza.

But growing up I loved the school pizza that had

3. Incognito

Incognito No more Mr. Nice Guy! I Support TFP Senior Member

Pepe's Pizza on Wooster St. in New Haven CT makes the best pizza in the

4. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

Round Table Pizza is about as good as it gets around here. There was another pizza restaurant here until a couple weekends ago - it and 3 other businesses burned to the ground. I also like DiGiorno Pizzeria. For store-bought, it's pretty good.

5. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Administwative Asst. Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

DiFara's in Brooklyn is the winner.

6. mcurrin

mcurrin Charter Member Published

Luigi's here in Denton, 16 different toppings made to order thin or thick crust. All fresh ingredients. Small family owned, been here longer than me (25+ years). They also make the best Fettuccine Alfredo and Spaghetti in town or for several miles around town. For quick and cheap Lil Caesar's is hard to beat.

Mike

7. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

I now try wherever I go to get "the best pizza"
    There's a lot of New York transplants in Florida.
    When we went to Chicago, got deep dish Palermo at Giordano's, was very good.
    Phoenix was Pizzeria Bianco, wood fired
    Pizza huts supreme for 10$
    Papa Johns supreme for 11$
    With everything on it from those guys(chain) doesn't even compare to a plain cheese New York style pizza, we've got a couple, just found another, Little Joeys in a one light town.
    What's the limit, one time a week? Growing up at friends house, Friday was always pizza night.

8. Omnipotent

Omnipotent Flying Dutchman

Pizza is good as long as they use real sea-salt instead of that lousy table-salt. table-salt kills you. Fish can't live a day in table-salty water. sea-salt got 84 minerals and trace minerals in it. that's what's keeping you alive.

9. UncleCliffie

UncleCliffie Charter Member

We enjoy pizza from Casey's General Store, A small chain C-Store found in the midwest. Their chicken is also tough to beat, and they just started to deliver to your home.
    As a side note, I had my very first pizza in the enlisted mens club in Gitmo in February, 1956.
    Dick

10. Barry Carlton

Barry Carlton I Support TFP Senior Member Published

Gotta agree w/ Jim. But all the Round Table's around here closed over night about 3 years ago.
    When we go to Tri Cities yearly in WA we always make a RT run.

We also had a Pier 49 here for a coupla or 3 years It was great too. Gone now as well.

I really like the "pizza slut" reference.

Papa Murphys is a good take n bake pie too.

Tombstone is a close second to DiGiorno for a store bought.

11. polestretch

polestretch Senior Member

For chain restaurants, I preferred Little Sleazers, Uh sorry, Little Caesars. They closed up shop here in town about 10 years or so ago.
    I really like Marion's Pizza in Dayton Ohio. For some odd reason they cut the pieces in squares, but much easier to slide down the hatch!:cool:

12. Mike Antonetti

When I get it by the slice I say not too hot I can't eat it fast enough .
    I do like digiorno's for frozen, though wife likes thin crust, dam can't we agree on anything.
    She doctors the frozens up a bit with spices and veges, even the red barons come out pretty good.

13. Mike Antonetti

When I was there for two weeks I remember they sold beer out of the vending machines, that was in 87, 31 years after that.

14. Kman

Kman Tile Expert I Support TFP Senior Member Published

Casey's are springing up here on every corner. I just noticed yesterday that there's one going up about 5-6 miles from here, between two other convenience stores, so there will be three within a 1/4-mile stretch. Casey's is open 24/7, which is convenient for a night-shifter like me, but I can't say their food is the best.

I don't know that we can really compare local pizza spots, since the odds of me eating at any one of the places you guys mention is pretty low, and vice versa. But of the chain stores, Pizza Hut still has the best in this area.

In my younger years, I worked at several pizza chains. Pizza Hut, Pizza Inn, King Pizza. The only one I would eat while I was working was Pizza Hut. The rest of them were too "cardboard-like" to eat when their were other options.

DiGiorno's is pretty good, too.

15. CGDesignertp

CGDesignertp Pro Member

Well for those coming to the conventions in Vegas try Metro Pizza or Enzo's Pizza. Both delicious and very filling. The best I have ever had though was from this little Italian lady I know. Her cooking is amazing :)

16. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

She wasn't, by any chance, looking over your shoulder at the time you typed that post, was she? ;)

17. Curt Durand

Curt Durand Resting In Peace Charter Member I Support TFP Published

We have a medium sized chain (16 statewide locations) of Sammy's Pizza that has a really good pizza crust with just enough really delicious sauce and toppings on not too thin crust. Also have Newcastle Brown Ale on tap! Started getting their pizzas back in the early 70's.
    Broadway Pizza and Davanni's is pretty good also.
    Prefer Pizza Hut for delivery.

18. BucksRacing117

BucksRacing117 Pro Member

Chain restaurant pizza hast to be little ceasers. Cheap fast and back on the job. If your in buffalo ny you have to go to Carbones pizza on south park and hamburg st. Its a mom and pop shop best in the city hands down. theres just something about the pizza not to greasy suase has a little more agrlic in it then most. And the cheese is great. If your in the tonawanda's NY without a doubt you have to get some TNT pizza best around Nice thick crust sweet sause itialion blend cheeze. They have a crazy variaty of things to choose from. I've never had a bad pizza from them. They know me by name now when i call. Always super poliet and friendly. Also the stinger sub is also very tasty.

But if you want the best chicken or steak hoagies you have ever had and will ever have. Go to mikes sub shop in buffalo NY near Riley ave another whole in the wall place always fresh stuff toasted rolls secret sause absolutly great food. if mikes was open on sundays i would drive there right now to get a few for dinner. And I'm 15 miles away cash only there just to let you guys know

19. kylenelson

kylenelson You'll find me on the floor I Support TFP Senior Member

I prefer wood fired pizza, and usually find that the non-chain type places have better pizza in general. That being said, I won't refuse a slice of pizza hut pizza like I'm too good for it or anything like that. But, if I'm ordering pizza it is going to be from the local places, much better on average.

20. CGDesignertp

CGDesignertp Pro Member

Nope. Later she saw it...Got me a kiss too