Best Dust Containment System for Hummel

Discussion in 'Tools, Equipment and Supplies' started by Brandon_Platts, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Brandon_Platts

Brandon_Platts Pro Member

I figured since most people on here have experience that dwarfs my small amount. That being said looking for the best dust containment system to hook up all equipment - hummel, edgers, etc. Any advice is appreciated in advance! And if anyone has one for sale please let me know.

We have a church project coming up & want to avoid a potential disaster by being proactive.

Thanks,

Brandon

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2018
  2. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

:welcome: Brandon. Stick around. I'm not fond of drive-by posting - where someone joins just to post a single time, dropping an email address and/or phone number so he don't have to come back again. I think you can help us as much as we might be able to help you. Feel free to give anyone who asks for it your phone or email, but you'll have to monitor your post here for replies because I removed your phone number and email address from your message above (it's a good way to get spammed or robo-called anyway, so you shouldn't post those details on any website you are unfamiliar with).

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

So uh, I think the Pulsebac 1250 does pretty well, next would be Ermator. Difference is manual cleaning versus automatic to backflow filters to prevent clogging.

I’ve had people say I’m not worried about dust meaning they want lower price, well I care about working in it. So price is same.

I am selling an S26 Ermator @ 1500$, my S36 I may keep around, it’s got a 220 attachment to plug a 220 grinder right into it and more CFM.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  4. Chris 45

Chris 45 Director of P.R. on some deserted island. I Support TFP

If I had it to do all over again I’d definitely get one of these. I want to say the fan on a big machine pumps maybe 600 CFM and most dust collectors are well below that unless you really put some money into it.

DCS Handle for Lagler HUMMEL 8" - #VSRSLH000A | Oneida Air Systems, Inc.

Edit: apparently this link is for the handle only but hopefully you should get the jist of what I mean.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  5. Brandon_Platts

Brandon_Platts Pro Member

Thank you!!!

6. Mark Brown

Mark Brown On The Surface Flooring I Support TFP

I don't have a single dust making tool that had a bag on it... every single thing I own gets hooked to my vacuum. I find my shop vac is ample containment when using my 8 inch porter and cable drum... but that's just me. Would I like a bigger vac, sure would... but it won't fit in the van :(

7. Chris 45

And that’s why I need a trailer. I’ve done the box van thing. The maintenance and such just ain’t worth it anymore unless you’re doing substantial square footage (commercial work).

8. Mark Brown

yeah buddy, next time around I'm looking at trailer and a truck. I want a 16 foot box truck but like u said, maintenence is elevated and then you can't use it for anything else (not that I would want to use my work vehicle for personal use tax man... that would never happen)

9. Chris 45

Back brakes are $750. Front brakes are $1500. If you have a diesel.... you’re effed. $1000 for everything. At least my E250 is affordable. Got knows there a million of them out there. Don’t get me wrong, nothing beats a diesel box van until you have to pay for it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Mark Brown

E250 for life buddy!!
    Im running a 2012, what you got?

11. Chris 45

2005 with 437K and it still looks GOOD.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

I was looking at the tall vans and thought the other day it sure would be nice to stand up in a van. Still wouldn’t be enough room for me working in dense populations and I think they’re kinda narrow.

I like my 7’ wide trailer, I can somewhat see the traffic behind me but I’d go 1 ft higher for more vertical sidewall storage and the roll up door to open after I back in and do not need ten more foot for ramp door clearance or side room for swinging barn doors open.

13. Chris 45

Roll up door. I like that. A new tall van is 35K. I know because I’ve looked. A transmission or a trailer is 3500. Crate engine for my 250 will run you 5K installed. I like the idea of a ramp but not with the way it rains here. Trailer doors, and ramps, can be a problem if you live in a densely populated area. I had a hell of a time trying to find parking in the city with my box van. That’s one of the main reasons I ditched it. Couldn’t imagine having to do that with a trailer. Today I just backed my van into the customers back yard not more than a few feet from the back door to where I was working. Couldn’t do that with a trailer or a box van. Ahh, life is just one compermise after another.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member