Best back brace

Discussion in 'Health & Safety Forum' started by Trippinballz, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Trippinballz

Trippinballz Pro Member

Hello fellow pros,
    I’ve been flooring for 12 years and I’m almost 40. I have pro knees and am asking for the best back brace for being on your knees all day. Lol.
    Any advice would be awesome!!!

Trippinballz,

2. Trippinballz

Trippinballz Pro Member

3. kylenelson

kylenelson You'll find me on the floor I Support TFP Senior Member

Anyone wear a back brace? What are the pros and cons?

4. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

I do Sir Kyle! Any decent one would work ok. I need to replace the Velcro hook portion on mine that I bought from a drub store probably 10 years ago. Was going to replace it but it works as tended. Basically it offers slight support, keeps heat in I suppose, makes you conscious of your lifting and reminds of proper lifting techniques.

But if whatever your doing can incorporate a Racatac with the chest support I highly/extremely recommend it as the chest then takes the pressure off the lumbar instantly. We were working on a bathroom tile floor removal the other day and I didn’t bring in the chest support. Couldn’t wait for my brother to get out of the way to go get it out of the truck.

I wear my back support for shoveling tile days.

Few minutes ago I was looking to email Racatac to see any improvements were available.

I hit my heated seat button on the truck which gets pretty hot in the lumbar region. I would like the think the manufacturer understands and designed it specifically for a working man who has lower back pain. The Subaru heat is kinda wimpy, like oh is the seat too cold for you, let me help you! My A/C in Chevys always kicked ass as well.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Daris Mulkin

Daris Mulkin The One and Only Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

I was having back problems about 25 years ago and wore one of those that you saw the HD people wear under my pants for about 6 months after ctting of the shoulder straps. Haven't wore it but a couple times since. I was told surgery was the only option but wouldn't agree to it. Still have back problems on occasion but when it acts up sitting down for 5 or 10 minutes takes care of it for a while then it is a repeat.

:old:

Daris

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mike Antonetti

I wear a T shirt under the back brace to keep it from causing red marks/indentions in the skin, then a collared shirt over that for appearance.

If I got a new one it would have a pouch to tuck a .380 in.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Trippinballz

Trippinballz Pro Member

I’ve ordered the aspen pro, I move around too much for the racatac.
    I know I’ll eventually get one but not for a few years.

Trippinballz out,

8. Darren Ramey

Darren Ramey Charter Member

I've gone through several. I've been using the Aspen Pro for a couple years now. It's by far the best one I've ever used. It's comfortable enough to wear all day and just cinch it tight when you need to. It seems to be holding up fairly well too.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Trippinballz

Trippinballz Pro Member

Not only did I order the aspen, I also picked up a 30 days to fit kit/ by Beverly Cheng Bands kit from my local White lion. Exercise is key my therapist said.
    Trippinballz out,

10. Mike Antonetti

My therapist said “Get Over It” so I bought a Jeep. Fun therapy.

So strengthening your mid section, helps but I don’t think anything can eliminate the pain from the positions of flooring installation for 8-10hrs a day.

Good link to many types on Amazon, I may be nearer to replacing mine. I don’t care about cost as long as it’s comfortable, easy to use, quality long lasting. The strings concern me.

11. Trippinballz

Trippinballz Pro Member

I’ll definitely be doing both, and I agree being on your knees 8-10 hrs a day is horrible for posture, plus I’m training for the Manitoba marathon this June. Going to check amazon now.
    Ballz out,

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

I got one from Costco years ago, rides in the truck. It is velco waist section with loop straps for over the shoulders to keep it in place. I think if I was to buy a new one I would look at just a band like the weight lifters wear would be sufficient. I have more problems with my weak wrists anymore.

13. Trippinballz

Trippinballz Pro Member

For my wrists and elbow I use two rubber bands and wrap them around my finger tips. Open and close slowly and it has helped dramatically, lots of pulling over here.
    Ballzout,

14. Mike Antonetti

That’s one reason I don’t hand scrape anymore, too damaging of the wrist joints. Dam sheet vinyl back in the day some was at one with slab. Just got back from estimate sheet vinyl removal in open remodel house I will bring ride on scraper. Followed by hand grinding. Strangely the slab is very hard. Tile guy wants me to grind some humps.

15. Trippinballz

Trippinballz Pro Member

My millionaire boss is to cheap to spend $50,000 for a ride on scraper, our labourers do all the grunt work, and we get 50% of Manitoba and Saskatchewan’s Jobs. No union in these two provinces.
    Ballzout,

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
  16. Mike Antonetti

My wife says that’s why they’re (cheapos) millionaires.

17. Trippinballz

Trippinballz Pro Member

Ain’t that the truth.
    Ballzout.

18. kylenelson

kylenelson You'll find me on the floor I Support TFP Senior Member

Most fortunes are made on the backs of someone else.

• Agree Agree x 1