Best adhesive and installation advice for luxury vinyl plank flooring

Discussion in 'Vinyl Flooring Q&A' started by 4strong, Oct 16, 2017.

1. 4strong

4strong New Member

We have 2000 sqft of luxury vinyl plank flooring to install throughout the house. We have a very good quality of flooring and I don't want to mess up by using a cheap/poor quality adhesive. We know the importance of prepping properly, but any advice on adhesive and install would be very helpful.

2. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

Don't you think, maybe, the NAME of the flooring will help us help you? :hmmm:

3. 4strong

4strong New Member

It's from an online puchase. Branton flooring. We ordered samples and had several people, including the owner of a flooring store check the quality. Unfortunately they are on a month long vacation, and I need to install the flooring quickly. We are blessed to be caring for 2 more children due to unfortunate extended family situation. We need to get the remodeling settled quickly

4. kylenelson

kylenelson You'll find me on the floor I Support TFP Senior Member

Call the company and ask. That's the best way to not lose your warranty.

5. 4strong

4strong New Member

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately this is from an online retailer, and recommendations are not easy to obtain. We are happy with the quality and price, but not the information available. With 2 more children joining our family soon, we need to get this project done quickly

6. Chris 45

Chris 45 Director of P.R. on some deserted island. I Support TFP

Henry’s and Taylor are good brands.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Commercial Floor Rep

Commercial Floor Rep I Support TFP Published

8. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

I’ve used 2091, it was ok, I’d use Mapei eco360, but not sure if that’s the best, I think they now have a better one. Also Taylor I believe has a better one since 2091. Haven’t put plank down in couple years and things change rapidly. I would call whichever manufacturer you have product access and consult with them.

My consideration for Eco360 was that it used smaller trowel not 1/16” square so less ridge height, flatter so minimal indentation, extremely sticky. I also like Tarkett adhesive, can’t remember it’s name.

9. kylenelson

kylenelson You'll find me on the floor I Support TFP Senior Member

It’s hard to recommend a one size fits all adhesive without seeing and freeling the product. Some planks require a transitional pressure sensitive and some that goes in dry to the touch, and trowel sizes vary as well. The taylor adhesive recommended above is probably what I would recommend for this without knowing details.