Bellawood Job Review

Discussion in 'Floorcovering Video Collection' started by Ken Fisher, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Ken Fisher

Ken Fisher Charter Member

You guys should enjoy this one

[ame]http://youtu.be/4Pq4DShvEmw[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2014
  2. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

I like the video. Good insight , saw a LL commercial yesterday and noted to myself they never say a reputable manufacturers name.
    Your style and voice reminds me of the Hotel 6 guy, we'll leave the light on for ya!

3. Ken Fisher

You have to wonder how they get so many positive reviews on their website. Are they monitored/deleted? Possibly, but there are bad ones scattered throughout the years. Must be people that have absolutely no clue of what makes a good product. Or LL has falsely "educated" the buying public so badly over the years they expect these issues to be normal?

4. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

Both. We see this from many of our consumer/DIY members here at TFP.

This was a good video. I'd of liked to see the finished job though, even if it was a negative review. I'm sure the installers did their best to make the finished job look right and it would have been nice to see that, as well as your explanation of the extra steps they had to do to make it look that good.

Jim

5. Ken Fisher

Yep that would have been nice, but I got tired of standing around for nine hours that day. I think they got done at 7PM with a lousy 540 SF. Extra steps? The job was too crowded (four installers) to do much of anything really without it looking like an unorganized mess. It's a challenge to pull off any good video with these guys, plus they were nailing about 16 inches apart....racking was horrendous, H joints, end joint spacing less than 5 inches. They listen for a few minutes...then back to bad habits again. I probably had 150 film clips (5 gigs) and had problems finding one where it looked like they followed a 4-6" nailing pattern. They're good floor finishers, but installers? No.