1. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

I always wondered what they charge. Quite a bit from a relatives estimate. Like 5k$ just to surround tub with new fixtures and the plastic covering.

Went over to relatives house for a leftover lunch. I thought the fitter company was a cheap covering. Apparently not on paper.

Attached Files:

2. Mark Brown

Mark Brown On The Surface Flooring I Support TFP

I have often wondered about bath fitter. Seems like a sham to me but then again so is makeup on my wife and I am happy with that. For 5k you could surround and waterproof a tub in about whatever stone you wanted. Toss in a heavy 500 for fixtures and your still inside a healthy budget.

Now of you go for the actual tub condom to make an old grungy tub look decentish I can kind of understand. I don't trust it to be as waterproof as claimed and I am not a huge fan of covering a mess and hiding it. I'm with you Mike I would love to hear from someone who went through it.

For comparison I did my tub surround with a niche and 1/2 inch kerdi board and new fixtures and I think I was into it for 700 :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mike Antonetti

My take was I understand a homeowner doesn’t want problems anymore. She was saying if a faucet leaked they would come out and repair. I believe the window had areas of water infiltration. Guess my wife told my brother and he’s going to re do the whole bathroom for less. My wife had a hard time cancelling the contract. Fax number was wrong, etc. we’ll see how it goes.

Wife’s aunt was ok to wait till Feb.

I pulled up with the car outside, the contract was being looked over by her aunt as I was walking thru kitchen I said how much 1800$, her cousins said no, 1400$ ? No 4k$, (in my head,uh oh, sucker alert.)

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Mike Antonetti

The total was 5340, looking at contract.

Wife overnighted right to cancel.

Saw homeowner had to remove glass enclosure.

Attached Files:

5. epoxyman

epoxyman Pro Member

Yea I see them on tv all the time seems like a band aid kinda fix

Seems like just get a new tub dur a rock and tile and new plumbing behind the walls spend a little more and do it right

6. Chris 45

Chris 45 Director of P.R. on some deserted island. I Support TFP

Nobody wants problems. Completely understandable. Kinda like the big box stores offering lifetime restretch guarantee on their half assed carpet installations. People just gobble that crap up thinking that they are somehow getting a better job because their is a lifetime warranty on the shitty install that they just got for ‘free’. I say to that ‘If your carpet is properly installed, you won’t ever have to worry about your carpet wrinkling’.

I see ads on CL all the time looking for these bathroom installers and they want you to be able to do everything. Framing, plumbing, electrical and the fine finish work. Just hack it in then send out the one guy who actually knows his stuff to polish any turds down the road. It’s the new business model these days.

• Agree Agree x 3