Bacon Steaks

Discussion in 'Food for The Floor Pro' started by Daris Mulkin, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Daris Mulkin

Daris Mulkin The One and Only Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

I try to go to Minnesota every year to see family and friends, and while there I pick up about 40-50 pounds of bacon. Sometimes it will last a year but generally not. I get it from a meat company in a little town maybe 70 miles south of the twin cities called Geneva. Been doing this about 12 years now and never have been disappointed in the quality and flavor. I like my bacon thicker than usual and this year when K aren ordered it over the phone she must have stuttered and said thick thick. Well let me tell you it is thick, about a 1/4". 7 slices to the pound if that tells you anything. And it is always meaty which to me is another plus. So here is some pictures of Sunday's breakfast bacon. :drool::drool::drool:

Karen likes her's incinerated-almost cremated.

:old:

Daris

Attached Files:

2. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

Mmmm, that looks gooood. I'm with Karen; I like my bacon crispy-crunchy. I'm gonna check to see if I got enough in my budget for breakfast out in the morning. Over easy eggs mixed into the country fried potatoes, crispy bacon and a hot biscuit with lots of butter. Until then, I'll be dreamin' about it. :drool:

3. Hanover Fist

Hanover Fist Pro Member

Yum.

Our rule: if it don't taste right, add more butter and bacon.
    It's not fat that will kill ya, it's processed sugar/corn syrup!

4. David Hunt

David Hunt Charter Member Senior Member Published

So do you have an address, website or contact information for the bacon steaks so we can try them? Bet they'd be great with a light drizzle of maple syrup.

BTW: I loved the line "I pick up about 40-50 pounds of bacon"

Thanks,

David Hunt

5. Daris Mulkin

Daris Mulkin The One and Only Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Here you go David:

Geneva Meats & Processing Geneva, MN, 56035 - YP.com

:old:

Daris

6. David Hunt

David Hunt Charter Member Senior Member Published

Thank you!