1. Tandy Reeves

Tandy Reeves Resting In Peace Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

ASTM has a WORK ITEM that is currantly in the balloting stage. That work item contains five different changes. If approved they will become a part of ASTM-1869

1. Updated precision and bias statement based on ILS Nov. 2004. (means nothing to me. TR)

2. Changes to demensions of kits and materials for consistency with commercially available products. (Tandy opinion: This may change the 117.707 factor somewhat)

3. Clarify surface preparation for consistency and to be sure that surfaces are clean concrete for all tests. (This will be great if passed. TR)

4. Clarify need for waiting period after surface prep for previously covered floors and that such a wating period is not required for new concrete or floors that have not been coverde. (This may give us a 24 hour break on our time. TR)

5. Clarify that floors designed for service at hot or cold temperatures (e.g. - refrigerators) should be tested at "normal" room temperature. (This should do away with the question "should I test it when it is cold or hot)

As soon as I know the out come I will let you know. I always purchase the red line copies so I can quickly see what was changed or deleted.

2. Tandy Reeves

Wow! ASTM really generates a lot of interest.:zzz:

3. Jim McClain

Jim McClain TFP Owner/Founder Administrator

Perhaps a short informational as to what it is and why it is would be helpful. :hu:

4. tony lamar

tony lamar Charter Member

Sorry Tandy. I read with interest but I didn't know enough about it to contribute anything useful.

5. Tandy Reeves

I was just jerking your chains. It is not the most exciting post on the board. However, if you don't know what ASTM-1869 is I will explain.

ASTM-1869 is calcium chloride testing using the dome and calcium chloride. It is still the most accepted test in the US for moisture emissions. It is the only quanatative test we have and it is important we keep up with the changes, because some of us do a lot of these tests. As it changes, I will keep the board advised.

6. Jerry Thomas

Jerry Thomas Charter Member Senior Member

Thank you Tandy. You're just looking out for us and I do appreciate your many contributions here. Keep us posted. :)

7. selvalee

selvalee No one special Senior Member

hey, hey, you would not let me "gat" away with that! :eek: :D :D