Armstrong Trimmer

Discussion in 'Flooring Products, Tools & Supplies on EBAY' started by Daris Mulkin, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Daris Mulkin

Daris Mulkin The One and Only Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

2. Jon Scanlan

Jon Scanlan That Kiwi Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

3. Roland Thompson

Roland Thompson Charter Member Senior Member

Got three of them. Armstrong stopped making tools.

4. Don Monfils

Don Monfils PRO CARPET Charter Member

I have one I got in a toolkit from the Armstrong installation school in 1988. What a great tool.

5. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

I got one from them as well, 40$ seems a little high, are blades still available.

6. Incognito

Incognito No more Mr. Nice Guy! I Support TFP Senior Member

I have that tool.

I'd have to look but I might have two.

Never used it.

They're on Ebay now and again for significantly less than $40.

I'm sure I didn't pay more than $10-15 just to see what the hell they were.

7. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

I liked it when I was installing in my own, has to be an extension of your hand, so it takes a little getting use to. Used for residential thin stuff. The bottom of it would scratch the vinyl as other trimmers would, I believe it's hollow underneath. I don't know how many tools I've had to tape up in order to prevent scratching.

8. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

The fuzzy side of a velcro kit works good for the tools that slide on wall base or floors.

9. Dave Dower

Dave Dower Resting In Peace

I want to buy an Armstrong trimmer. Hows the condition?

10. Nedrob

Nedrob Pro Member

Would you sell one? nedrob43@gmail.com

11. Roland Thompson

Roland Thompson Charter Member Senior Member

I will need to see if I can get a replacement for one of them. It can be one of the other kind. I carry them in my training bag for when I do training's. I like to let the installers get a feel of them.

12. Jon Scanlan

Jon Scanlan That Kiwi Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

I heard the other day from another layer who uses on all the time we can once again get the blades here as some man in China is making them
    Dont know if same man is going to make the trimmers themselves as well

13. Nedrob

Nedrob Pro Member

It would be great to get one. I have Proknees Goof proof trimmer it works good but I am just knot comfortable with it. I used the s-66 for so many years that I could almost cut in a room with my with my eyes closed using it. I do have a few blades left for the s-66 and a sores for a few more but that will dry up soon. I would like to know about the sores in china. Of course that isn't going to do me any good unless I can get another cutter. I keep checking Ebay But I haven't found one yet except for the two that sold a while back.