Armadillo Hunting Rifle

Discussion in 'Taking a Break From Flooring' started by Mike Antonetti, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

Saw the culprit digging in my yard on video surveillance one night. Don’t appreciate the hours in the night I have to get up to “take care of the matter”

Haven’t had a B.B. gun in 35 years, any recommendations on the one shot one kill or multiple shots you son of a bitch that’ll teach ya you bastard for digging up my yard trying to break my ankle, inconsiderate varmint right to free speech and some number amendment Tool to Use?

Attached Files:

2. kylenelson

kylenelson You'll find me on the floor I Support TFP Senior Member

22 with subsonic rounds

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mike Antonetti

Any short distance rounds? Source?

4. kylenelson

kylenelson You'll find me on the floor I Support TFP Senior Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

My son has that Kyle and one day shot a varmint 70 yards away with one shot.

6. Tom Potter

Tom Potter I Support TFP

Careful with a .22 mike. That could be an issue with the law depending on how your house/neighborhood is laid out. There's strongly enforced rules on discharging a gun within a certain proximity of another home or business.

The air guns they make today are probably close if not more powerful than a .22. Completely different than the red ryder I used to run around with.
    Why not set a trap & take him to a park?

7. Mike Antonetti

I don’t even take myself to a park. I went to Ukillem and the guy said they don’t play trap games. They only dig for grub worms? Something in the dirt. So today I went to an estimate and saw one of these bastards on the side of road. Hopefully I’m not out in middle of night with a B.B. gun and it turns out to a monster like this. Maybe I’ll hint from the Subaru.

Good precaution on the .22. I’d use the 9 but noise and distance.

Attached Files:

8. seamsealer

seamsealer Pro Member

I've used these and they sound like a pop gun out my Henry lever 22.
    Primer only, no powder. You just got to be careful with neighbors or homes near by. I have to put the cross hairs about an inch above the target to hit the bulls eye at about 20 feet. They drop off quite rapidly because they have no powder, only a primer. It won't cycle a semi auto and it will be very load out of a short barrel. Like I said, my Henry lever is perfect.

22 COLIBRÍ / LONG RIFLE SUBSONIC POWDERLESS LEAD BULLET
    NO. 1B222337

[​IMG]
    SILENCE IS DEADLY.
    Perfect for hunting and target shooting at close range, this specialized round is ultra-quiet and eliminates the trouble and investment of using a suppressor.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    BULLET WEIGHT
    Grams
    Grain
    VELOCITY
    Muzzle ft/sec
    100 yds ft/sec
    ENERGY
    Muzzle ft/lb
    100 yds ft/lb

• Like Like x 2
  9. Mike Antonetti

Nice. I think I’m headed to Cabela’s fellas. There’s a Northern Tool next door. Thanks for the insight, we’ll see how the salesman answers my questions and pull the trigger. Would love to use a shotgun.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

I had a neighbor that would load 45 cal. with 2 grains and put a wax end on the case and shoot cans off his fireplace mantel in his living room.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Mike Antonetti

Hope he didn’t get the rounds mixed up.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1