Area Rugs over LVP

Discussion in 'Vinyl Flooring Q&A' started by StephK10, Dec 18, 2017.

1. StephK10

StephK10 Member

Hello again! Install of CoreTec Plus LVP is complete and now we want to warm things up a bit since we are on slab.

USFloors guide (who makes the LVP) states to use 'non-staining mats. rubber will discolor the floor' on the LVP, which I assume carries over to applying to any sort of gripping pad we will place under a runner/area rug/etc.

Any pearls of advice? I plan on just scouring the labels of anything we choose to purchase, and if it doesn't mention non-staining then we will be careful to look for latex (rubber) ingredients.

Also, if for a larger area rug like 7x9 or 8x10, is it ok to NOT use a pad underneath? I'm going to call them to clarify but wanted to see what advice you great folks had to offer?

2. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

I usually say no unless it is a slip concern or the backing is rough and can scratch, similar to a hardwood floor. I believe the felt/fiber pads will work.

3. Daris Mulkin

Daris Mulkin The One and Only Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

There are pads out there that aren't rubber. They are hair fiber. For the life of me I can't think of the company. Maybe it is called No Move or something like that.

:old:

Daris

4. Commercial Floor Rep

Commercial Floor Rep I Support TFP Published

Leggett & Platt makes a pretty good pad that we have handled for many years. Any local flooring retailer should have access to these and be able to order them for you in appropriate sizes.

Here's a link to their site:
    FirmGrip™

• Like Like x 1