Any problems with karndean looselay longboard?

Discussion in 'Vinyl Flooring Q&A' started by Hardwood speedo, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Hardwood speedo

Hardwood speedo Pro Member

I've done plenty of everything else but the idea of a loose lay (no tongue and groove or fasteners) creeps me out.. has anyone here had a problem with it or should j cut my losses and pull of the job

2. Grant H

Grant H I'd rather be patting my dog.

If the area(areas) are climate controlled and have no direct sunlight tis' a dream. Otherwise, don't make direct eye contact and back slowly away.
    The shop I work for sells a bit of this stuff and a competitors version. They are cake to lay and look great...for about 12 hrs.
    We actually fitted some last week. Looked great when we left on a that sunny warm afternoon but was gappin' like a hillbillies smile in the cool of the next morning.
    Karndean recommends we P/S glue normal areas now and 2-part sunny ones. We did P/S last week. Stops them "Tracking", as in sliding under cabinets and the like but doesn't deal with shrinkage.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Mark Brown

Mark Brown On The Surface Flooring I Support TFP

I haven't used the karndean product but have done a grand total of one loose lay plank job. That was the last one I will ever do.

ya ya, lock the perimeter and away you go my left foot. I couldn't agree more with grant. Glue that puppy down and give yourself a fighting chance.

In fact I have a loose lay coming up with week, drop and done. Bet I just forget to mention I glued it to the ground.... "I don't know how that glue got everywhere"

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

Starts out this way, then they recommend tape, then finally full adhesive.